Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/father_john_misty/i_love_you_honeybear

Available on deluxe or standard 2xLP vinyl. Details below.

fjm-iloveyouhoneybear-2400.jpg?141212196

-All customers who pre-order the limited-edition Deluxe LP version of will receive the album on tricolor vinyl in a Dioramic, Meta-Musical Funtime gatefold jacket with alternate cover artwork. 
-Orders for the standard LP will be in a gatefold jacket with black vinyl. 
-CD and LP preorders will come with 8 demos on cassette (while supplies last).
-All CD and LP formats will come with a fold-out poster, featuring a collage of Emma Tillman’s intimate photos, designed by Alia Penner and an extensive “Exercises for Listening” written by Josh Tillman
-Customers who pre-order I Love You, Honeybear in any format will also receive an instant download of the track, “Bored in the U.S.A.”, as well as a 2nd track before release day, which can be downloaded your SubPop.com account. 

Listen to him perform the new song on Letterman:

$40 is steep for the deluxe so I'll have to think about it.

I think that may have been part of the song and not the late show audience.

Yeah - listen to the studio version of the song and the laugh track is there. Kind of haunting and fascinating.

I ordered the Deluxe edition from FJM's website. To Canada the LP was $1 cheaper, and the shipping was $5 cheaper. Not a huge difference, but also a huge difference. So excited for this album. My wife has played Fear Fun more than anything else in the last couple of years.

Pre-ordered the standard, and really looking forward to this release. Can't help but think Josh Tillman isn't making fun of vinyl collectors with that  limited-edition Deluxe LP version of will receive the album on tricolor vinyl in a Dioramic, Meta-Musical Funtime gatefold jacket with alternate cover artwork.  He's a pretty funny guy and I think he likes to point out irony and idiocracy in trivial things, and I think he's taking full advantage of the die hard collectors with this ridiculous deluxe version. Kind of funny/cool too that the record plays the title track when opening the gatefold like one of those horrible birthday cards.