Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Got my copy of Fear Fun replaced.  Sounds much cleaner!

Now on to ordering this one.  I have some Best Buy rewards to use.  I wonder if the $39.99 version listed on there is the limited edition.  It doesn't really give any info.

That's rad you got a replacement.  How'd you pull that off?

As for the Best Buy copies it's gotta be the limited edition, the regular release is listed at $18 in the subpop shop

I've never had a deluxe version of an album sell out on me on pre-order before, unless it was something super limited.  

Really wow! Id say a lot of the loser edition stuff used to sell out on PO but then they started pressing a lot more quantity...But a ton of stuff sells out before its released...probably depends on the bands popularity and limited pressing as you mentioned!

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honey Bear is Vinyl Me, Please's record of the month for February.

This is all going to be announced officially tomorrow (1/22):

Information

February VMP Package Features:

• 2LP, clear vinyl (pressed at RTI)
  • Song-by-song listening instructions
  • Custom postcard designed by J. Tillman (FJM)
  • Fold-out lyric sheet
  • 12"x12" original art print by Emma Tillman
  • Custom cocktail pairing recipe created by J. Tillman (FJM)

Signed up with VMP for this

Fuck, the more ridiculous things FJM does, the more I love him, and am so pumped for this album.

His newest gimmick: a fake music streaming system called SAP, which intentionally shares horribly compressed (and vocal-less) versions of his album so that people can listen to the 'essence' of the music and decide whether they want to buy the album.

"popular albums are "sapped" of their performances, original vocal, atmosphere and other distracting affectations so the consumer can decide quickly and efficiently whether they like a musical composition, based strictly on its formal attributes, enough to spend money on it"

http://www.fatherjohnmisty.com/sap/