PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

Seems like an awful lot of variants for a band whose last album was basically a renunciation of conspicuous consumption.

It is. It fucking sucks.

yes is anyone going who might be able to grab me a white...?

I'm in NYC and can do a trade or something for it.

I'll see what I can do. I'm definitely grabbing myself one and as long as there isn't a limit on purchases (I doubt it) it shouldn't be an issue. I can meet you after the show if you want to hang outside of Webster Hall at midnight(ish) or I can just mail it. What are you looking to trade for?

Seems like an awful lot of variants for a band whose last album was basically a renunciation of conspicuous consumption.

Black, red, green, white, for an album half full of material collectors have already likely purchased (via those 3 7" singles).

That's the biggest annoyance I have with this album, all the songs on the 7"s are on the LP and it's only 14 songs long, technically 8 new songs for those who bought the 7"s. In a world where most LPs are 10 songs long it's not that big a deal, but it would have been cool if those were standalone releases, like a broken up EP.

Anyone going to any upcoming shows who could grab a copy for TwelveTwenty? Dude messaged me days ago and I didn't see it until it was too late to get him a tour copy.

Tour copies are $25, fyi. If anyone is interested, as far as other merch is concerned, they have the classic Desaparecidos tee, a new one with an anonymous-y type logo, a hoodie (for skinny people, booo!), a water bottle with the same logo, the blue record tote, CDs and vinyl of both albums, and a 7" of Camilla/ Underground. That's it. The merch guy said the tour posters weren't printed in time for the tour, but they'll be online later.

Also another bump for this:

Anyone going to any upcoming shows who could grab a copy for TwelveTwenty? Dude messaged me days ago and I didn't see it until it was too late to get him a tour copy.

I meant to check out their merch at Wrecking Ball Fest, but completely spaced out on it. I was too busy stalking Conor I guess.

I meant to check out their merch at Wrecking Ball Fest, but completely spaced out on it. I was too busy stalking Conor I guess.

Fair enough. Conor is so pretty. <3 <3 <3 

I think TwelveTwenty got one, so no worries there.

Most of the merch was pretty straight forward. Was looking forward to a tour print, but they weren't ready in time. So I'll buy that on the internet later I guess.

FYI, the white record I have is a very solid color with no "spots" of leftovers in it. It also sounds just fine. Plus it absolutely matches the cover art. Though the colors seem random, I think they all fit so far-black and white, blood, and $$GREEN$$$. It all fits. Or it's an accident.

Fair enough. Conor is so pretty. <3 <3 <3 

I think TwelveTwenty got one, so no worries there.

Most of the merch was pretty straight forward. Was looking forward to a tour print, but they weren't ready in time. So I'll buy that on the internet later I guess.

FYI, the white record I have is a very solid color with no "spots" of leftovers in it. It also sounds just fine. Plus it absolutely matches the cover art. Though the colors seem random, I think they all fit so far-black and white, blood, and $$GREEN$$$. It all fits. Or it's an accident.

Nothing is accidental.

Or is it?

>.>

<.<

>.>

<.<

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered this through the current No Sleep sale for $11.90 but it's not here yet, can't wait to get it and curious to see what color it will be.

Probably black, but you may get lucky and get a colored copy. I ordered Turnstile's "Nonstop Feeling" from their distro last month, and I ended up with a first pressing white Merchpit /300 variant.

I ordered this through the current No Sleep sale for $11.90 but it's not here yet, can't wait to get it and curious to see what color it will be.

That's a fucking stellar deal. I paid ~$20 for all 4 of mine. They ALL sound good, so no worries regardless. Oh, and the deluxe black is more limited than red, fyi.

• 2 months later...

literally three days before the show I had tickets for, too. he got a cold so he canceled his entire "punk" tour to return to his mansion i am bitter :(

In all honesty, I would be too. It's funny you guys were talking about his way of life because every time I hear "I'd sell myself to but a fucking house" and 12k square foot/ 4 car garage..." I always think "wow, he was a prophet" In all fairness I hope he gets better and does one last Bright Eyes tour. I don't need an album. That'd be cool, but just a tour would suffice.