Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Yeah, my 320 sounds good.. like all the nirvana 320's .. not the BEST but top 3 or 4 easy.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if its another variant of bleach.  which would be nice cause i'd skip it and some some bucks.  Strokes will probably be 'room on fire'?

looking fwd to miles davis.. i've developed a bizarre addiction to the complete irrational idea of collecting coloured jazz records.

and the reason some dudes think they need to jump on here and enlighten us about cheaper black options is to feel all righteous and useful.. its weird and makes no sense since this thread is about newbury releases.. I think theres other threads for cheap deals on other sites.  

passive aggressive bullshit at its finest 

the reason some dudes think they need to jump on here and enlighten us about cheaper black options is to feel all righteous and useful.. its weird and makes no sense since this thread is about newbury releases.. I think theres other threads for cheap deals on other sites.

passive aggressive bullshit at its finest

That would make a lot of sense if I didn't have several Newbury releases myself. I picked up both their Al Green reissues, Little Richard, the Strokes reissue and would have picked up Marvin Gaye had someone else not informed me Motown reissued that one themselves on a nicer variant for half the cost.

I posted about the other variants not for experienced collectors who know what's available to them but for inexperienced collectors who might not actually be aware that you can pick up that record for more than 1/2 the Newbury price. Maybe they just want a copy? Well, there are options.

Trying to be useful, yes. Anti-Newbury comics? No.

Does Vic.Vinyl work for Newburry?

No.. i dont.  I just like coming to thread and seeing relevant posts.  If i wanted to know where I could get the cheapest version of chutes too narrow I'd hit the deals threads... this horse has been beat to death.. 

I honestly take more of an issue with the super discount sellers, like amazon.  completely out competing local record stores and killing the ma and pa industry.

but again, probably a discussion for another thread.

buuuuurrrrrrrn.

In all seriousness, I'm going to Boston next weekend and was looking for cool places to shop for records and comics. I've never been inside of a Newbury. Are they nice? Also, any good record stores? Ok thanks. Bye

After living near them for so long, I'm pretty jaded about it. I'd definitely stop in one if it's your first time. They have a lot of nerdy things, apparel, really random things. Don't expect a huge comic selection though. That is pretty small area, same for the record section too. Lots of Crosleys on display ;)

Not sure if you plan on going over the river into Cambridge but Harvard square has Armageddon records and New England Comics right next to each other. Those two together, you don't need a Newbury haha. (Also read here for more suggestions: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84481-boston-peeps/)

After living near them for so long, I'm pretty jaded about it. I'd definitely stop in one if it's your first time. They have a lot of nerdy things, apparel, really random things. Don't expect a huge comic selection though. That is pretty small area, same for the record section too. Lots of Crosleys on display ;)

Not sure if you plan on going over the river into Cambridge but Harvard square has Armageddon records and New England Comics right next to each other. Those two together, you don't need a Newbury haha. (Also read here for more suggestions: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84481-boston-peeps/)

You da best Dani.

Definitely heading to Harvard Square!!! (at least now)

It's going to be an expensive weekend! going to see the Decemberists on Fri night (~$35-50 show print+drinks+food= a bajillion dollars) now a record shop AND comic shop side-by-side= $15k in lawyer fees after my wife divorces me for spending so much money in Boston.

You da best Dani.

Definitely heading to Harvard Square!!! (at least now)

It's going to be an expensive weekend! going to see the Decemberists on Fri night (~$35-50 show print+drinks+food= a bajillion dollars) now a record shop AND comic shop side-by-side= $15k in lawyer fees after my wife divorces me for spending so much money in Boston.

You should hit up Shake Shack while you're in Harvard Square too.

You should hit up Shake Shack while you're in Harvard Square too.

It's funny, I've been wanting to eat at Shake Shack for a long time. We got one in downtown New Haven (I'm there at least once monthly) and I've yet to do it. Will do since we'll be there and it is too. LOVE ME SOME BURGERS.

buuuuurrrrrrrn.

In all seriousness, I'm going to Boston next weekend and was looking for cool places to shop for records and comics. I've never been inside of a Newbury. Are they nice? Also, any good record stores? Ok thanks. Bye

Will you have a car available? Or are you looking to just stay right in the city?

I was just at Armageddon and shake shack last week. Picked up an Italian pressing of Dawn of the Dead, wanted to look around more but didn't want my meter to run out. All their stock is on their website though so it makes things easier if you're planning on going.

As for shake shack, I've had it in NY and Florida. Hands down the best in NY. Stop at both burgers joints while you're there

Will you have a car available? Or are you looking to just stay right in the city?

Yes. Actually we are staying outside of downtown (cheaper). Willing to drive/ train anywhere for funness.

I was just at Armageddon and shake shack last week. Picked up an Italian pressing of Dawn of the Dead, wanted to look around more but didn't want my meter to run out. All their stock is on their website though so it makes things easier if you're planning on going.

As for shake shack, I've had it in NY and Florida. Hands down the best in NY. Stop at both burgers joints while you're there

I saw that stock list. Pretty broad, but right up my alleyhole.

I will. :D Love dem burgers!

And Crazy Dough's for pizza!

I'll remember this one. I love pizza too. We have a lot of "famous" pizza around where I live (but I personally feel it's overrated). Either way, I'm always down to try new pie.

The Newbury comics on Newbury Street has a huge record selection. Could spend hours digging there

Seriously, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! If I had more upvotes I'd pass 'em out like shitty candy on Halloween. THANKS!

Fowty, the NC in Norwood is far superior to pretty much any other store in our area. Its about a 30 minute drive from Boston.Prices are great too. Be prepared to drop a couple hundred $$$ !

Noted! I'll see if we are going to be staying in that area. Either way, I'm stoked to finally SEE a NC and Boston. :D