Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

for fuck sake.. can you just quite your bellyaching about newbury. they have a business model, it works for them.. it works for their clients.. it doesnt work for you.. i get it.

fuck, you're not some saviour for enlightening us all that we can get the record on black vinyl somewhere else for cheaper.. most of us probably have the black vinyl copy already sitting on our shelves, i know I do.. for pretty much every NC pressing i've bought.  So i sell off my black vinyl copy and then every couple years when I pull out a fleetfoxes record or an elliot smith record or or or.. my plums are warmed when I see that its a pretty colour.

prices will rise cause thats the nature of the beast.. people are buying vinyl so the labels need to make money on it now, its not just a small niche market that they can make a tiny margin on to appease some vinyl enthusiast, it's a legit revenue stream.  

Hot Topic has free in-store pickup and doesn't sell records at double their original price after the "preorder sells out."

who cares.. they're business.. let em run it.  Know who else sells records for twice the price after they sell out.. flippers.  If i was a business owner i'd rather see that up tick.  good on em I say.

sorry, all this belly aching over how a private enterprise is run really chaps my ass.  collecting records is suppose to be fun, not a whine fest.

who cares.. they're business.. let em run it.  Know who else sells records for twice the price after they sell out.. flippers.  If i was a business owner i'd rather see that up tick.  good on em I say.

sorry, all this belly aching over how a private enterprise is run really chaps my ass.  collecting records is suppose to be fun, not a whine fest.

Get some ointment and ignore the people whining then.

Some people love whining and that's fun for them. Some people want to pay too much for records and that's fun for them.  Meh.

But maybe you like whining about people whining. If that's your thing, keep at it.

I'd say still get some ointment if your ass is that chapped though.

maybe we should start a 'little whiny bitch' thread.. so this thread can stay on topic instead of just the usual people whining every time NC releases something? 

got some ointment, wanna help me apply it?

That was quick! I'll help if you really want. I'll grab some gloves from work.

That was quick! I'll help if you really want. I'll grab some gloves from work.

i've been here long enough that its not my first chapped ass.. this ointments from the last NC release. or the one before that.

gloves, c'mon man... you know that takes half the fun away.  

and its sorta the cheeks leading into the anus.. but the anus is fine.. well not fine, but. thats a story for another day.

i've been here long enough that its not my first chapped ass.. this ointments from the last NC release. or the one before that.

gloves, c'mon man... you know that takes half the fun away.  

and its sorta the cheeks leading into the anus.. but the anus is fine.. well not fine, but. thats a story for another day.

Haha!

I'd rather pay NC's overcharged price and insane shipping than to wake up to reading about some of you guys and you chapped bunghole fetish!   :blink:

I will add this to the conversation though. This one time I was going to buy the clear Fleet Foxes and had it in my cart. Forgot, went back the next day. And it was sold out. D'oh! So I called one of the stores. He had it in his hands. But the stores don't do mail order. Dude was friendly though and gave me the phone number to the mail order dept. He reiterated the same thing and sure enough confirmed they sold the last Fleet Foxes the day before. But told meI  could watch out for their Amazon and eBay stores for it to show up. But "not at the same price"... Nice. Suffice it to say I did not search out that title. 

Did not stop my from getting the recent Nick Cave or the Elliot Smith from yesterday(which is down to 281 pieces left...). 

For people local to NC, it's great.

No need to Preorder

No need to pay inflated shipping (their packaging is terrible)

No jacked up prices because you buy it when it is released, not wait til they double the price (that's your own fault)

All the Limited runs are easily attainable in the stores for the first couple weeks after their release. There were still nearly a dozen of the new Hendrix at my local NC. They also still have Meat Puppets, Sublime ($40 was too much from the start!) etc etc.

I get it's terrible using NC mail order. As I mentioned in the past, I've done it. Never again.$8 shipping. My LP arrived split on the spine and bottom, and bent to shit in a padded envelope. Oh yeah, and you cant exchange it in the store, nor can you exchange it online, only option is to return it online.

for fuck sake.. can you just quite your bellyaching about newbury. they have a business model, it works for them.. it works for their clients.. it doesnt work for you.. i get it.

fuck, you're not some saviour for enlightening us all that we can get the record on black vinyl somewhere else for cheaper.. most of us probably have the black vinyl copy already sitting on our shelves, i know I do.. for pretty much every NC pressing i've bought.  So i sell off my black vinyl copy and then every couple years when I pull out a fleetfoxes record or an elliot smith record or or or.. my plums are warmed when I see that its a pretty colour.

prices will rise cause thats the nature of the beast.. people are buying vinyl so the labels need to make money on it now, its not just a small niche market that they can make a tiny margin on to appease some vinyl enthusiast, it's a legit revenue stream.  

Dude, have you read my posts?  I make it perfectly clear that Newbury is a private company and that they are entitled to run their company however they want.  So I am not sure why you seem think think that I am bellyaching or whining.  And you can spend your money however you want.  You like the pretty colors?  Good for you.  Buy the over priced records.  I don't care.

I am just offering some cheaper alternatives for people who only care about the music on the wax disc, not the color of said disc.  And if you read a few pages back, some people have appreciated the links to buy those less expensive options as they may have not known they existed.  This is a board for people who like listening to music on vinyl... posting in this thread with cheaper options to the versions Newbury offers seems perfectly on topic.

Just gonna throw my experience of NC in to the mix. I've ordered from them twice (to the UK), and both times my order has arrived in a sturdy cardboard mailer, in mint condition. Arguably they could ship the record outside of the sleeve, but I've had no bad experiences yet.

I don't know if maybe those who get their orders in something more flimsy are ordering from within the USA, so perhaps have a cheaper shipping option?