Need a new MP3 player. Suggestions?

I still haven't entered the uh, smart phone generation. Envy 3 for me until it finally decides to die on me. Haha! But I kinda figured not too many people use MP3 players these days.

It's cool.  I just got my first smartphone a few months back :) I'm guessing if you want to stick with just an mp3 player, your best bet is going to be an iPod Touch or Nano.  Or a 3rd party seller hawking the now-rare iPod Classic 160gb.

My iPod Classic has about a 20 minute battery life these days, so I'm looking to get something new. I'd prefer something with a lower budget. All I need is a really good amount of storage space. Brand name doesn't matter to me.

What do you guys use?

take it to the apple store. They should be able to put a  new battery in for about $60. (i think)

I dread when my ipod classic goes out.  I'm on second one that is coming up on four years.  My first one lasted about that long.  I admit it IS overkill, that I want something that holds what the classic does, but I like having the options there.   There are a few tracks I that havent been played more than a couple of times, but they are there if I want them!!  II do not want to weigh down my phone with mp3's, I want that space for apps and other things, so a dedicated mp3 with high storage is what I am after....

I hope something comparable to the Ipod classic is readily available when the time comes, or the crazy prices the used ones are going for now drops.  I honestly haven't done much looking because I am ok for now, but would also be interested in what other people use/recommend with comparable storage and ease of use...

I second the battery replacement advise. You can probably even do it yourself if you are handy at all. Just make sure to get a reputable battery. I bought a cheap chinese battery to replace in my ipod photo and it didnt last very long. http://www.ifixit.comhas some great info on what it takes to fix your ipod.

It's a piece of cake with the Classics, I replaced one many many years ago and I'm pretty sure it's a single ribbon cable.

I now use my Samsung S5 as the music player. However, before i moved to the smartphone i had a Sansa fuse. I am not too familar with the recent mp3 players, but i was always happy with Sansa (even considering most people wanted her to choke on poisoned wine).

This reminded me, you could always get a Samsung Galaxy Player, which is basically a Galaxy phone without the phone -http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-5-Inch-Galaxy-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005P1VNDWo

I now use my Samsung S5 as the music player. However, before i moved to the smartphone i had a Sansa fuse. I am not too familar with the recent mp3 players, but i was always happy with Sansa (even considering most people wanted her to choke on poisoned wine).

This reminded me, you could always get a Samsung Galaxy Player, which is basically a Galaxy phone without the phone -http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-5-Inch-Galaxy-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005P1VNDW

For people mentioning having a ipod classic that might go out someday, I believe apple stores (and apple support) still have new ipod classics that they'll switch out with your dead one for $129.

i did it recently with my square ipod nano that i use as a watch. (for $75)

I think dreamover is suggesting everyone with an active, working iPod classic should kill them in order to take advantage of this deal.  Preferably before checking with their local store to see if this is, in fact, true ;)

Joking aside, do they do this for the square 4th gen iPod shuffles? I know they're like $50 but mine stopped working...would be cool if I could replace it for like $20.  

Would suggest upgrading and maybe getting a smartphone, if that's your thing! Might be worth it to find a phone with the capacity you're looking for, AND a new phone altogether, for the price you might end up spending on another MP3 player. If not, check out battery replacement for the classic. I did that with my 30gb iPod video a while back and it lasted years after!

Also, read an article the other day that the iPod Classic is not dead for good. Their supplier of parts for it isn't around anymore or something of that sort, so it's gone until if/when they decide to find somewhere else to supply parts. I feel like with as much backlash the community has had over the iPod Classic's death, it'll either come back, or there will be a new one!