PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Nah that would sucks because I ordered within minutes of them posting it and it wouldn't be fair if I got screwed out of it.

Best thing to do is just check zips with ebay and ban future purchases from those people. Or see who pre-listed it on ebay and then cancel theirs before it gets shipped.

Yeah best thing to do is give the store more work to do... i'm sure they don't have enough. And what about people who live in large cities? What if 30 records get sold to the same city?

Nah that would suck because I ordered within minutes of them posting it and it wouldn't be fair if I got screwed out of it.

Best thing to do is just check zips with ebay and ban future purchases from those people. Or see who pre-listed it on ebay and then cancel theirs before it gets shipped.

A lottery is the only fair way to do it. Just because you ordered within minutes doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get one anyways. That is the only way to reduce the probability of the flippers getting a copy. What if a zip code on eBay had multiple orders to their area? Ban them all? Also, it's not hard to fake a zip code on eBay.

I believe that all preorders there tell you "out of stock" because they technically are. A few other items did that for me when i checked. So i wouldn't worry about that. I'd be more worried that it has apparently been up on their site for almost a day. So who knows how many orders they got in for it already.

Yeah, if you add any pre order it shows up as "out of stock". How did you find out that they were up for almost a day?

People talking about it yesterday on sad reminders forum.

Hmm. After checking the forum out and seeing how many people responded to the Elusive Disc thing, I wouldn't expect anybody who ordered it today to get one. Seems like Elusive Disc doesn't know how much they're getting.

Hoping my Bull Moose order comes through, although I ordered 20 minutes after it was posted so I'm not that optimistic about it.

Just received from Elusive,a nd it looks like it has been removed from the site:

"Dear valued Elusive Disc Customer,
Thank you for your preorder of the Red House Painters LP box set!
We have learned since announcing this preorder, that the label will be heavily allocating this release (information not shared with us until today).  We hope that we can get enough to fill our existing preorders.  If we are not able to, we will advise as soon as we know.

Due to this heavy allocation (only 1,500 worldwide), we will not be able to provide any customers with more than 1 box set.  Our sincerest apologies.

Your card will not ultimately be charged unless we can fill and ship your order.
Like many ecommerce sites our website only does what is called a pre authorization.
A pre authorization only checks your security code and does an address verification and if both match it puts a "hold" on the funds (usually up to 7 days). It does not actually take the money from your account it just reduces the amount of your available balance on your card.

Your original preauthorization has been voided today.

Once again, thank you for your order!"

Really hope the places I've preordered from let me know a few days early whether or not I will receive the box, so I know if I have to go to my record store early on the 21st. The only place I've ordered from that looks like I have any shot is Bull Moose, but even then...

Apparently I'm order #60 on Elusive Disc, but I don't really see them getting that many considering there are going to be under 500 copies shipped to US retailers.  

Soundstage Direct and Acoustic Sounds have put them up. I ordered from Acoustic Sounds yesterday and called them and they told me I was the only order so I'm really hoping I get it.

I ordered one around 11:30 Eastern yesterday morning from acoustic. Out of curiosity when did you get yours in? Just wondering where i may be in line.

Soundstage Direct and Acoustic Sounds have put them up. I ordered from Acoustic Sounds yesterday and called them and they told me I was the only order so I'm really hoping I get it.

Cool. Have an order at SSD and CD Universe and 2 local stores trying to get one for me.

If I don't end up with one, the universe hates me

Cool. Have an order at SSD and CD Universe and 2 local stores trying to get one for me.

If I don't end up with one, the universe hates me

same. SSD now along with CDUniverse, Bull Moose and a local shop. I'm feeling a little confident in BM, but that RecordFlipper dude made me a bit anxious about getting one. If the stars align and I get lucky enough at least my brother can get one and maybe I can hold one for a fellow VCer as well. This whole thing is stressful and dumb lol but It's worth it