PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

The plan was to blow up the interwebs by only offering 100 for preorder then channel that outrage into increased sales a couple days later. I said it before: it was a well done marketing gimmick that will have legs well past RSD.

But was it really necessary? People were gonna buy them if they were limited or not. All they managed to do was piss some fans off. I said it earlier, they could have announced from the get go that standard black versions would be made available in the summer. The box still would have sold out. 

I don't think there are people who had no plans to purchase these LPs who have now decided to because 100 copies sold out in 20 min.

Oh, good news. Kinda wish they'd just press more of the box set as it looks awesome! Maybe I'll end up somehow getting it at release, but if I don't at least I'll have the individual pressings to fall back on.

Also, someone spotted a typo on the spine of Down Colorful Hill. Was this on the original?

10835134_10153147374434940_1951969518269

If the announcement of individual represses have deterred anyone from rabidly hunting a box – for instance, if you own 2 of the 4 albums already, and it'd be more practical to just grab the ones you're missing – I would be thrilled to hop on the entire set, if you've got a lead on one.  Only throwing it out there because I have zero RHP albums, and was holding out for a boxset to see the light of day.  It'd just be super cost-effective on my end, and my preferred route to go... but I'm certainly not above buying them individually if need be.  Food for thought.