PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Please 4AD, just don't do a jerk move and make the individual releases somehow different than the items in the box. Like the LAD Ryan Adams box set containing downloadable items not available otherwise. I don't think I've heard of or have seen any special inclusions for the box like live versions or import tracks so that will hopefully limit the chances of this happening. Completing a fulfilling collector's set hurts, you know...

It's my opinion Mark was mostly making a comment on how ridiculous music press can be, jumping on any little stupid thing and making it a big deal. That whole War on Drugs thing started from a comment he made at a show as a joke and the press blew it was out of proportion. 

But yeah he's a bit of a douche regardless :P

so a local place got back to me and reserved a copy for me. Originally they were just gonna let me know when they were expecting it but then the lady just randomly offered to hold it for me. I also called two other places and they promised they'd do their best to track one down. Haven't heard anything back nor can I make promises just yet, but I'd be down to help anyone if I get an extra.

so a local place got back to me and reserved a copy for me. Originally they were just gonna let me know when they were expecting it but then the lady just randomly offered to hold it for me. I also called two other places and they promised they'd do their best to track one down. Haven't heard anything back nor can I make promises just yet, but I'd be down to help anyone if I get an extra.

If you manage to snag an extra, I'd like to buy it. Thanks!

4AD facebook:

Following Tuesday's news of the upcoming limited-edition Red House Painters boxset (in stores 18th April Worldwide ex. USA and 21st April in the US) and the overwhelming demand, we're pleased to confirm that we will now also be making all four records available individually on standard black vinyl.

Full details, including release date and pre-order links, will be announced in the near future.