PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Why would they not number euro copies but then number US copies? Is it possible Euro copies were opened by customs or whoever and then resealed? If the number is on a sticker on the outside of the wrap, it was probably removed at some point. I can't imagine them going "498...499...500. Ok start putting stickers on" 

Or 4AD has been less than forthright and there are 1500 copies for the US and more (possibly 1500) for Europe. But thats just wishful thinking.

Since the numbering for the us distro is on the outside of the shrink wrap I'd assume they took x amount of copies and stickered them while leaving the rest the way they were. No resealing necessary.

That certainly would work as a perfect reasoning behind why they wouldn't have all the sets foil stamped or otherwise marked the way most all other sets are. 

pretty dumb to even number them then.

I tend to agree, they can print any number of them and tell us whatever they want honestly. Limited numbers seem to be another way to get an item to sell out as fast as possible and cause a stir... See the entire thread starting at page one for examples lol