PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Thanks for the pics!  Hopefuly SSD will come through for me, but I feel like I'll be just as happy with the individual releases on black.

No worries. If you guys have any ? about it I am happy to answer. I can only imagine your brains are asking the same ones I have been for near 2 months now.

I'm hesitant to tear open the shrink, gonna let it breathe and settle in for a moment before I give DCH a spin and try the new coffee maker I got this morning as well. My what a weekend :)

This is a beautiful quote :) I also had a nice chuckle at your kids not digging your sad music, since my roommates feel similarly when an RHP or SKM hits my turntable.

The pictures of the box look stunning. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine in the mailio!!!!

This is a beautiful quote :) I also had a nice chuckle at your kids not digging your sad music, since my roommates feel similarly when an RHP or SKM hits my turntable.

The pictures of the box look stunning. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine in the mailio!!!!

Thank you. I really just sat and banged that out without thought, just pure excitement..lol

RHP music means so much to me and pretty much saved my life. I won't go into detail but if I get can get one of these Boxsets it would mean so much to me. Hoping for the new on vinyl or soundstage direct to come through for me. Maybe Amazon.

I know just what you mean. I found Mark randomly on my own while working in a record shop in '97. We had to organize and constantly update promo disc for our listening station, which meant the old stuff got shuffled out for us to take home. Songs for a Blue Guitar just happened to be one of my pulls one day and needless to say I have never been the same. Shitty part is, when I wanted to know more, all of the 4AD material was out of print on CD as well, so the difficulty of putting my hands on Mark's material has been a paper chase since day one. Getting this set only feels right after only getting to see RHP live once before they split, and him solo only 4 times ever. It's kinda like the "Gold Watch" of our realm right? lol

Added a Discogs release. Please help me out with editing it!

http://www.discogs.com/Red-House-Painters-Red-House-Painters/release/6888095

Pretty sure I saw a discogs one already up there yesterday....Unless it was yours and got edited...but it had like 95 people in the "want list" 

LOL...might want to check just so there are not two...

ON a more important note, I am getting so fucking jealous of all these people getting there sets....For someone that has truly been a fan since the 90's (like many people on here too!) This set is more than just music, its apart of our youth/young adulthood...

It just bugs me that there are people out their that are getting a set "because its popular at the moment" "they hope to make money off it one day" or just collect anything collectable"

I don't know, I am just angry ranting because I am jealous  and little heart broken that my favorite artist of all time (Ryan Adams included) has a beautiful set out there and I won't be abel to get one without shoveling out loads of cash I don't have...(yes black copies coming, but I am a sucker for box sets, just love how they look on my record shelves and color vinyl is always nice little touch) 

Heres the 200th time saying, if anyone wants to let go of theres, somehow gets two! PLEASE consider me! I have all but 2 of KOZ releases (CD and Vinyl) and his music got me through my teen years...I will cherish it and NEVER sell it! 

end stupid rant...

I've noticed the first issue with my box! My DCH & Bridge both have minor seam splitting on the bottom of their inners. I noticed that they were packed with the open end of the inners facing the open end of the outer jacket, which I guess saved me from having dual side seam splits, but I'm guessing rollback during shipping caused them to move just enough to start pushing through the closed side. The records are a bit sharp on the edge as well which probably contributed. Keep a look out and let me know if any of you guys have the same issue!

Fuck I want this so bad, I'm not going to read all 30 pages of this but seriously what the fuck 4AD. Why only 1,500 worldwide.

I have avoided this thread until now because I know it would be impossible for me to actually get one of these, but man I want Down Colorful Hill soooo bad.

Oh, no I didn't. Thanks! I skipped directly to the last pages and didn't read more like an idiot. Excuse me. That is the only one I want, so now I really don't care that I missed thisx

At least I have a screenshot of an Amazon representative "promising" and  "guaranteeing" me 3 times that I will receive the boxset, so that's worth a couple $5 gift cards, right?

sounds about right, press for $10 though.. and free upgrades to your shipping.

next time im gonna hound them and try and get a prime membership out of it.

How do you guys not get this? Amazon is a huge company and their CSR's don't give a shit to spend their personal time researching limited edition vinyl sets. 4AD did not disclose how many copies each retailer will be getting. For all Amazon employees know, this release will stay in print for ever and they can keep ordering more. This is 4AD's fault and no one else's. There's no guarantee that Amazon will get any. It's causing a huge panic and everyone now thinks they need this. When they do the wider release they'll sell even better than they would have without these several months of hype.

Quite a few pops throughout the song "Down Colorful Hill."  Both at the very beginning for a while and then somewhere towards the middle for a while.  Sucks cause I can see that there's a knick/raised line at the beginning that I don't think I can get rid of.

Oh well... besides that, the whole album sounded INCREDIBLE.  Can't wait to give the others a listen.