Built to Spill - Untethered Moon

Liking this more after a few listens. The second half especially is solid. Definitely interested in a blue copy if anyone can spare or I might have some semi-desirable stuff to trade.

Liking this more after a few listens. Definitely interested in a blue copy if anyone can spare or I might have some semi-desirable stuff to trade.

Once I held the cover with the lyric sheet and went through the lyrical content the whole album clicked, even the cover makes perfect sense for some reason.

When was the last time Doug handled all the guitar work on a BtS album? Perfect From Now On?

Yeah, PFNO I think but Brett is still on a couple tracks. The lyrical content is what got me too. I imagine I will be spending a lot of time with this album. The stream/listening while working didn't do this album justice at first.

Liking this more after a few listens. The second half especially is solid.

I was thinking the same thing about side 2. After the first song (which I'm not crazy about) the album picked up for me though. I'm glad I went in blind on this guy.

Jared, if I'd gotten a blue it would be yours, bud.

I was thinking the same thing about side 2. After the first song (which I'm not crazy about) the album picked up for me though. I'm glad I went in blind on this guy.

Jared, if I'd gotten a blue it would be yours, bud.

Thanks! I think I'm going to go try and buy another copy in hopes of getting a blue copy. 

Because I'm a tool.

Fuck.

This is your first taste??? You owe yourself Perfect From Now On

Haha, not blind from BtS, just hadn't listened to more than about 10 seconds of this album. I wasn't keen on the first single at that point so I stopped so is just buy it blindly, untainted by the single :)

Thanks! I think I'm going to go try and buy another copy in hopes of getting a blue copy. 

Because I'm a tool.

Fuck.

I was about to do the same lol.

I just finished listening to the album, which I picked up yesterday.  The music is fantastic, and it sounds great on vinyl.  What was especially cool was my record store gave me an autographed, numbered Built To Spill poster with my purchase.  I've attached an image.  I need to run out later to Michael's and pick up a frame for it.  Highly recommend this album.

XZmTd97.jpg

There are like a trillion copies of this album it seems, so the /509 will definitely be pretty hard to find. The store I went to yesterday had probably a hundred copies of this album spread around the store.