Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

So, I went to explore the upper right portion of the Cathedral Ward, right past Vicar Amelia. Defeated those two hunters (the rifle spear one was an absolute BITCH) and got to the large circular room, fully expecting some sort of boss fight. Nothing happened, so I approached the large doors at the end of the room, when the dark orb of energy immediately grabbed me and insta-killed me. I encountered this guy right outside the lamp of Cathedral Ward. Is there any way to combat these guys?

Possible spoilers.

U can't damage them. Except one u encounter as a boss later.

Avoid their grasp. U can see them at 40+ insight. There is 1 who will warp you to a new area but u need to hold a specific item first.

It's the one you appear before after fighting Rom... The one in the room past the two hunters.

He'll warp u instead if u possess tonsil stone.

i tried a mage build and went back after buying some stuff i needed. not a fan haha.

still can't get past darklurker. blew through all of my effigies. i have to go to amana if i want my humanity restored now... until i start farming some more. moved on to the dreams and just killed the giant lord. getting close to the end of the main story.

i still need 7 hexes, 4 sorcery spells, 5 pyromancy spells, and 6 miracles. some are from covenants, some are from DLC, and some are from NG+ and NG++.

aside from that, the only trophies i still need for the plat are maxing a covenant (which i'd get if i could beat the stupid darklurker), beating vendrick, and finishing the main story.

major progress for only having started last week...

i tried a mage build and went back after buying some stuff i needed. not a fan haha.

still can't get past darklurker. blew through all of my effigies. i have to go to amana if i want my humanity restored now... until i start farming some more. moved on to the dreams and just killed the giant lord. getting close to the end of the main story.

i still need 7 hexes, 4 sorcery spells, 5 pyromancy spells, and 6 miracles. some are from covenants, some are from DLC, and some are from NG+ and NG++.

aside from that, the only trophies i still need for the plat are maxing a covenant (which i'd get if i could beat the stupid darklurker), beating vendrick, and finishing the main story.

major progress for only having started last week...

Fake progress :P

I think I may have to pick up SotfS, I just loathe Soul Memory so much though, It's a shame they couldn't just admit it didn't work and take it out. However I think I am as complete as a person can be with Bloodborne

You can get an Agape Ring halfway through the game or earlier that negates soul gain so you can totally stop levelling and gaining soul memory if desired.