Fallout Discussion: “76”

any tips for finding this?  I joined the BoS, but cannot finish the mission(s) as I can't handle that many Super Mutants yet.  Is there a better way to go about this or do I need to finish the BoS missions?

I found some while doing other quests. During one for the main story, I found one in a cage on a train in the middle of nowhere, locked with a terminal.

any tips for finding this?  I joined the BoS, but cannot finish the mission(s) as I can't handle that many Super Mutants yet.  Is there a better way to go about this or do I need to finish the BoS missions?

?? You get your first set on Mission #1, you literally cannot avoid it.

BoS will net you a nice middle-of-the-road set, but there are countless other ways to get sets than through the BoS. Some are just chilling out there.

Very true. Im not gonna lie i probably wont even build one. The wastelans is too big for me spend time on that.

This is what I love about this game, people can play it completely differently and still progress on separate routes. I like working with the settlements for the fact that it allows me to build crazy ass weapons and armor (depending on perks/materials). This way I can save caps for bribes and other shit my Charisma isn't high enough for, and I don't have to rely on finding good gear in the Wasteland, just build it instead.

There are other bonuses to having established settlements I'll never use, like firing the flare gun for back up. I tried it once and it told me nobody was coming. Bastards.

Yeah, I've just run across them doing other stuff, but

There's part of a decent t-51 set pretty much due east of sanctuary on the other side of a robot junkyard.

There is also

a sweet battle robot that you can set to patrol military bases.

at the same location.

?? You get your first set on Mission #1, you literally cannot avoid it.

BoS will net you a nice middle-of-the-road set, but there are countless other ways to get sets than through the BoS. Some are just chilling out there.

Yea, but all parts are now 0 "health" except for the chest plate and helmet.

Thanks for some locations, looks like I got some more exploring to do

Well son of a.....I thought you needed power armor parts to fix power armor. If that's not the case then.....

Well, you get a frame, and the frame needs Helmet, left/right arm, left/right leg, and chest  to be "full". Fusion cores power it up, and if the parts become damaged you can just repair them.

Even just the frame provides some armor and much more carrying capacity.

I think repairing power armor stuff mostly requires aluminum/steel.. just regular junk components.

cool, ive got a few at like 20 so Ill just swap em.

You can duplicate them using this method.

https://youtu.be/tIpggud-184

Dirty glitch but meh. Doesn't seem too sketchy to use it for a resource you need. I considered using it to top out my strength so I can carry more shit but I cheated in New Vegas and don't wanna do it on F04.

Cheating leads to ragrets!

I'd be willing to put money down that the majority of PC players who are complaining about FO4 have cheated so much that the game is unrecognizable. Of course the game is boring when you can summon ten legendary deathclaws at will and go invincibility mode wit custom created guns :P

I've made this mistake in previous games, like MH4U. It starts out fun, and then you stop playing the game and never touch it again because of the boreds :)

I think I may have scraped that fucking SPECIAL book when I was cleaning out junk in Sanctuary anyways haha.

The only reason I glitched New Vegas is because I fucked up and made a character who was strong with melee combat and not with guns and got to a point where I couldn't progress in the story unless I got my gun skill up and didn't want to sink another 20 hours into improving that one skill or make a new character.

In retrospect I didn't like New Vegas as much as I thought I did.

I think I may have scraped that fucking SPECIAL book when I was cleaning out junk in Sanctuary anyways haha.

The only reason I glitched New Vegas is because I fucked up and made a character who was strong with melee combat and not with guns and got to a point where I couldn't progress in the story unless I got my gun skill up and didn't want to sink another 20 hours into improving that one skill or make a new character.

In retrospect I didn't like New Vegas as much as I thought I did.

Nah I get it. I just don't like the idea on first playthroughs.

Playthrough 2? Yeah. I want 10 Charisma so I can SAY WHAT I WANT in conversations, and I want to max whatever SPECIALs I want.

Just silly when people are glitching infinite caps/SPECIAL/duping weapons and then saying the game is boring or easy. No duh! It's EXCITING finally being able to afford a sweet upgrade or getting a great drop. It's EXCITING leveling up and getting a new perk! Take those things away and you better just be trying to have a good time fucking around :P

Was it printed on a red Starbucks cup? I saw that too and I was fucking pissed.

It wasn't that, it was this image that said "How boys flirt" and it said "haha let's chill" and for the "How men flirt," it was the spoiler. Usually the men area is something like "I want to take you out for dinner" or some bullshit.

I did read the comments of the page he reposted it from and someone said that the game didn't end like that, so I'm hoping that's true.

I want to delete all of my social media because of this.

I gotta say, Bethesda did an excellent job on setting up certain situations. For example, I was wandering outside of Diamond City, and this woman started to call to me that someone was hurt, and asked me to follow her inside. Now, from watching far too much TV and playing way too many video games, I knew from the get go it was a trap. But I walked in anyway, and killed all the raiders. As I explored the building, I found a collapsed portion of the floor, and as soon I walked down, there were like 10 Settler bodies, stripped naked with nothing in their inventory. As soon as my character saw this, music started playing that just added to it and made the scene so shocking and grim. Little details like that make this game great. 

I gotta say, Bethesda did an excellent job on setting up certain situations. For example, I was wandering outside of Diamond City, and this woman started to call to me that someone was hurt, and asked me to follow her inside. Now, from watching far too much TV and playing way too many video games, I knew from the get go it was a trap. But I walked in anyway, and killed all the raiders. As I explored the building, I found a collapsed portion of the floor, and as soon I walked down, there were like 10 Settler bodies, stripped naked with nothing in their inventory. As soon as my character saw this, music started playing that just added to it and made the scene so shocking and grim. Little details like that make this game great. 

If you wait til she goes in and then follow stealthily, you can hear their conversation about how they've been sneaking people in and killing them and stealing all their shit. I was jumping around stealthed in the shelves looking for loot hearing this conversation like "ya'll motherfuckers gonna get some justice as soon as I'm done up here."