The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Blood Music is extremely pleased to close the darksynth pentacle by presenting to its roster – Tommy '86!
One of the first ten producers within the synthwave scene (his first EP released in 2011), Tommy has become well-known for his high-quality, pulsating, Italo Disco sounds.
Upon entering the writing stages for his third album, Tommy experimented with distortion to see where it would take him. And, the experimentation took on a life of its own, leading him to lands far beyond any of his previous works. Surpassing all clones within the quickly rising darksynth scene, Tommy has churned out one of the best darksynth entries to date - “Transhumanism.”
Combining pulsating, distorted leads that spiral and expand over jagged bass lines that cut like a knife – this is equal parts Dan Terminus hyperactivity with Perturbator's slow, crawling meditations upon rising motifs. With extra production assistance by Dynatron and special appearances by a couple friends, this is headed towards becoming the surprise retrosynth sleeper hit of the year.
“Transhumanism” is the kind of work that is very hard to premiere a 'hit song' from, as it builds through winding themes. But one track will have to do. Here is track #10 – “The Shutdown of Humanity.”

1 hour ago, slinch said:

Ubisoft just announced Trials of the Blood Dragon at E3, OST is agan done by Power Glove, it already seems to be up on spotify. Fingers crossed for a vinyl release.

cf337154b2dc3d18bfeaed47c3f2082cadd4da55

and here's the trailer for the game

Just came over to say this too. This album jams.

• 2 weeks later...

FM-84's album Atlas will be released on vinyl, with preorders expected to go up mid to late July.

13392266_808851209245539_719594415127514

I've been hoping this would happen ever since the album dropped, if you haven't listened to it yet do yourself a favor: https://fm84.bandcamp.com/

and a youtube link, if anyone prefers them:

4 hours ago, WalnutSoap said:

Just giving the FM-84 album a go now - it's one of the best synthwave records I've heard in a good long while. 

I'm definitely going to grab the LP when it goes live - in case I miss it, could someone post here when it goes up?

I'm sure it'll be posted here, but if you want I can also drop you a PM just in case

On 6/27/2016 at 5:54 AM, slinch said:

FM-84's album Atlas will be released on vinyl, with preorders expected to go up mid to late July.

13392266_808851209245539_719594415127514

I've been hoping this would happen ever since the album dropped, if you haven't listened to it yet do yourself a favor: https://fm84.bandcamp.com/

and a youtube link, if anyone prefers them:

This is incredible.  Yeah, someone please post when preorders go up.  I need this.

I held off on buying Robert Parker's Crystal City LP, then immediately regretted missing out after it sold out. If anyone else was as dumb as me, you're in luck, he just put up a repress of 50 copies: http://robertparkerofficial.bandcamp.com/album/crystal-city-12-vinyl-repress-limited-edition-50-copies

Full stream up there as well. 

0006897167_10.jpg

Edited by slinch

31 minutes ago, slinch said:

I held off on buying Robert Parker's Crystal City LP, then immediately regretted missing out after it sold out. If anyone else was as dumb as me, you're in luck, he just put up a repress of 50 copies: http://robertparkerofficial.bandcamp.com/album/crystal-city-12-vinyl-sold-out

Ah, already sold out!

• 3 weeks later...

from Blood Music's FB:

Gost "Non Paradisi" [2016]

Pre-order: early August, 2016
Release: September 30th, 2016

Artwork: Førtifem

The lord of slasherwave returns with his most sinister work to date. GosT "Non Paradisi" is a bleak and progressive descent into the heart of spiritual darkness. Following on the heels of GosT's explosive debut album, "Non Paradisi" is a loose musical adaptation of John Milton's epic poem "Paradise Lost," concerning Lucifer's fall from Heaven and ensuing ascent from the Lake of Fire.

Using the same trademark buzzsaw basslines in conjunction with ominous atmospheres that spiral and twist deep beyond the gates of Hell, this is far-and-away GosT's masterwork and one of the best entries into the 'retrosynth' genre thus far.

The expansive album artwork seamlessly transports the figure of Baalberith into the universe of the original "Paradise Lost" engravings by Gustave Doré.

1. Commencement
2. Nascency
3. Aggrandizement (feat. Bitchcraft)
4. Lake of Fire
5. Supreme (feat. Hayley Stewart)
6. 4th
7. Arise (feat. Kriistal Ann)
8. Maleficarum
9. Unum Infernum
10. I Am Abaddon

Label: Blood Music

Album teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ceilIxi_s

NoKE9lW.jpg

Hey Slinch.. or anyone else.

I have been a bit random on this board lately.. keeping my head down and buying fewer records, but I dont want to miss this!  Can someone please send me a pm when this goes up for presale?  I get an email on my phone and will jump on it.

Thanks in advance.. yours always.. xo