Pink Floyd - The Wall sticker removal

Look, I know how to remove smaller stickers (hype stickers, price tags, etc). My problem here is with the big one on the cover of The Wall.

The original pressing had an easy-to-remove sticker slapped on the front that displayed the title and artist. I got my copy of the latest issue a while back and finally decided I'd peel the sticker off. Much to my dismay, it was NOT easily removed, and it just tore a small piece off.

I've tried the hair dryer trick, but since it's much bigger than price tags and such, it's not exactly covering much area. Now that I've started, it has pieces of it torn off from each corner. I feel the need to finish it, because I don't want it to stay looking like it is.

What's the best way to remove it? Has anyone else tried to get the same sticker off?

:/ I wish I could be more help. I've read stuff here or there, but patience and blowdryers get the best reviews. I've never personally removed a sticker because my Brand New TDAG sticker increased its value and I didn't want to harm my investment.

Don't forget to take the record out when using a blowdryer!!!!

Maybe lighter fluid and paper towel?

I was going to suggest white spirit (or lighter fuel), but using a q-tip. Wet the end, start at one edge and lift as you go.

If the cover is glossy it shouldn't cause any damage. Wipe over with a damp cloth afterwards.

I feel like any kind of liquid is more for getting the residue off rather than the sticker itself. Is it known to work for the sticker as well?

I actually addresses that in my OP. It's not working, the sticker is too big. I've even tried to focus on a corner, but after a few minutes of direct heat, it won't come off.

My bad, guess I got lazy and stopped reading. You might be SOL. I'd advise against using any kind of liquid on it.

ugh. I wish i could help. I would have just left it.

I think that lighter fluid could work with paper stickers but the one you are talking about is plastic and transparent right?

The fluid won't soak through it. 

Also, the lighter fluid trick works best on glossy album covers. 

With the tear you made anything wet will likly soak into where the tear is now...

If heating with a hair dryer doesn't work then just glue it back in place and forget about it.

My copy still has this ugly sticker on the front cover but funnily enough i can't hear it when i play the records..... ;)