PO: Lucero - All A Man Should Do

LUC_AllAManShouldDo_LP-1.png

Pre-Order this album and get an instant download of "Went Looking for Warren Zevon's Los Angeles”. Get a download of the full album on Sept. 15th, 2015.

Black vinyl.

1. Baby Don't You Want Me
2. Went Looking for Warren Zevon's Los Angeles
3. The Man I Was
4. Can't You Hear Them Howl
5. I Woke Up in New Orleans
6. Throwback No. 2
7. They Called Her Killer
8. Young Outlaws
9. I'm in Love with a Girl
10. My Girl & Me in ‘93

This brings us to the new record. All A Man Should Do contains some of the most resonant lyrics Ben Nichols has ever written, lyrics that read like chapters from his life on the duality of relationships, getting older, finding where you want to be in this world, and musically we are broadening our sound. Working with producer Ted Hutt for a third time at the famous Ardent Studios, we felt comfortable enough to take some chances with a palette of new tones that sound understated yet powerful, bringing life to the stories behind the lyrics without overshadowing them.

It’s also the first time we’ve ever put a cover song on a record, with a full band version of big star’s “I Fell in Love with a Girl”, and having Jody from Big Star sing back-up vocals makes it that more special and amazing. This is a Memphis record in the greatest sense and a perfect finish to the three-part love letter to a city that brought us up and made us what we are today.

*Pre-Order customers: Orders are expected to begin shipping week of Sept. 18th, 2015. Any items purchased with this pre-order will not ship until week of Sept. 18th, 2015 as well.

Off topic but what ever happened to Sabot putting out Tennessee, they did that family picnic pressing so you'd think they'd have put out a wider release after that shortly after that. 

I feel like it got put on hold because of the live album and texas & tennessee ep, figured theyd do it between those and the new album but guess not.

• 1 month later...

"Bootleg edition" available for pre-order on Bull Moose:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20856769/lucero-all-a-man-should-do-bootleg-edition-ltd-to-1372-copies

"Individually hand-stamped and numbered. Vinyl color is random mix. Limited to 1372 copies because the band used to live at 1372 Overton Park and that was the name of their major-label debut."

"Bootleg edition" available for pre-order on Bull Moose:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20856769/lucero-all-a-man-should-do-bootleg-edition-ltd-to-1372-copies

"Individually hand-stamped and numbered. Vinyl color is random mix. Limited to 1372 copies because the band used to live at 1372 Overton Park and that was the name of their major-label debut."

Thanks for this. 

Found it here for $19.99 with $8 shipping to the UK (!)

http://www.lonestarmusic.com/index.php?file=mer-musicmerch&iArtistId=869&iAudioAlbumId=8141

"We only ship to US addresses, including military bases"

WTF ...

Don't know where you are but hopefully shipping to there will be as good as to the UK.