PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

I'm with you on this new song, Don. Absolutely killer tune. Love the hand percussion and the space-rock sounding sample in the beginning. Need I even mention the overdriven bass about 1/4 of the way through? Welp, I did.

This shit rules. Just got way more pumped for the full album.

I talked to Philip today. He told me to check out the new song (I was way ahead of him of course), and they are all really excited to see how the pressings come out. (He is loving the Tertia represses.)

Edit: Just talked to him again. He said he is starting to build set lists for the tour, and that he is pretty sure that Darkfield will be the opener for the majority of the shows. 

It's hard to argue against Sycamore being a permanent closer. I just think the two songs together with no break would floor me.

I like the idea of Darkfield as an opener. I think it could work as well as Fire Made Flesh does. FMF just beats the shit out of you right out the gate as an opener. No getting a chance to warm up there. Balls to the wall immediately. It's insane.

It's hard to argue against Sycamore being a permanent closer. I just think the two songs together with no break would floor me.

I like the idea of Darkfield as an opener. I think it could work as well as Fire Made Flesh does. FMF just beats the shit out of you right out the gate as an opener. No getting a chance to warm up there. Balls to the wall immediately. It's insane.

I can get on board with Fire, but I'm really excited to hear a new song as an opener. 

Sloshed Caspian > no Caspian.

It may even make it more amazing.  Depending upon what staged of sloshed he is in.

Just avoid the pass out/puke stage (unless that defeats the purpose of the beer fest), and you won't regret it.

Duh. Maybe ever better? Haha. 

Definitely won't hit the puke stage, but last time I went to a show after a fest, I barely even remember getting home, let alone half the show.

At the very least someone should record the hilarity of me going me a Caspian show toasted.

b56tM0l.gif

Song is a beast. Not sure if I'll be able to make the Philly show when they come around. Going to a beer fest that day, and while an awsome Caspian show would be an epic closer for the day, I'm afraid I probably wouldnt remember most of it the next day...hmm. Go sloshed or miss out?

I've missed a few shows I wanted to go to due to beer festivals, it's hard for me to do both.

I'm with you on this new song, Don. Absolutely killer tune. Love the hand percussion and the space-rock sounding sample in the beginning. Need I even mention the overdriven bass about 1/4 of the way through? Welp, I did.

This shit rules. Just got way more pumped for the full album.

Holy crap, that bass just gave me shivers.  Incredible song. 

Song is a beast. Not sure if I'll be able to make the Philly show when they come around. Going to a beer fest that day, and while an awsome Caspian show would be an epic closer for the day, I'm afraid I probably wouldnt remember most of it the next day...hmm. Go sloshed or miss out?

Enjoy the beer fest but maybe somewhat more responsibly? Lots of water in-between and plenty of snacks, maybe throw in a quick nap if possible.

Sloshed Caspian > no Caspian.

Absolutely