PO: Coheed & Cambria - The Color Before the Sun

Listening to the download sent out and I have to feel that this is way better than either of the Aftermans and YOTBR. Right out of the gate, TCBTS feels like it could be right at home snugged between IKSSE:3 and the GA's...or maybe hovering in their vicinity and teasing them a bit. But definitely grabbed my attention and kept it more then anything prior.  

Listening to the download sent out and I have to feel that this is way better than either of the Aftermans and YOTBR. Right out of the gate, TCBTS feels like it could be right at home snugged between IKSSE:3 and the GA's...or maybe hovering in their vicinity and teasing them a bit. But definitely grabbed my attention and kept it more then anything prior.

Agreed. Easy top 4.

2nd, actually. Only other one with a PVC was that Dream Theater RSD single from last year. Didn't know it was THIS common for them to be shit.

After I obtained a few picture discs, I started looking into getting blank cardboard jackets for them. They're about a dollar apiece on Amazon, but one of those and a poly inner sleeve would be much better for the disc.

Am I the only one pissed off that it's going to be at least another week+ before my box set arrives? This happened with the afterman box set too, and the hype slowly died up until it arrived and let me down with a signature on the laminate rather than the certificate. (My laminate was used at a show and the signatures disappeared.) Idk why I had high hopes that this time they would arrive on time.

I havnt even received the vip card yet :/

Very surprised at how many people didn't like the Afterman albums, or at the very least don't hold them in high regard. They're almost a perfect blend of their sounds over the years and the story is so good. If anyone has the "Amory Award" set and wants to part with it let me know, I regret selling mine awhile back.

I have totally fallen for this album though, so my comments a few pages back are void. Not sure where I'd put it on the Coheed totem at the moment, but it's a great straight forward look into Claudio's life.

I'm also surprised more people don't like the "aftermen."

Good news- according to the wax poetic blog, we get the demos (like with aftermen) on Black Friday RSD. Wahoo.

Really stoked for this album. I've listened to it a lot. Still not tired of it.

I really enjoyed the Afterman but it took a little bit for the first one to grow on me. Through that process I have revisited YOTBR and really enjoy that album more now.

Although its cool we'll see the demos for RSD, I am really surprised the Afterman Live disc was never pressed to vinyl.  That live album is solid. 

I really enjoyed the Afterman but it took a little bit for the first one to grow on me. Through that process I have revisited YOTBR and really enjoy that album more now.

Although its cool we'll see the demos for RSD, I am really surprised the Afterman Live disc was never pressed to vinyl. That live album is solid.

I love that live album. They really should press it.

Very surprised at how many people didn't like the Afterman albums, or at the very least don't hold them in high regard. They're almost a perfect blend of their sounds over the years and the story is so good. If anyone has the "Amory Award" set and wants to part with it let me know, I regret selling mine awhile back.

I have totally fallen for this album though, so my comments a few pages back are void. Not sure where I'd put it on the Coheed totem at the moment, but it's a great straight forward look into Claudio's life.

I absolutely love the Afterman albums. I was able to get the TCBTS guitar picks from FYE. They are pretty cool

I'm also surprised more people don't like the "aftermen."

Good news- according to the wax poetic blog, we get the demos (like with aftermen) on Black Friday RSD. Wahoo.

Really stoked for this album. I've listened to it a lot. Still not tired of it.

It would be cool if they released straight up acoustic demos (like the leaked IKS stuff) rather than the home recordings of the finished songs. I'll definitely pick this up though, hopefully it's as easy to get as the Afterman demo releases.

It would be cool if they released straight up acoustic demos (like the leaked IKS stuff) rather than the home recordings of the finished songs. I'll definitely pick this up though, hopefully it's as easy to get as the Afterman demo releases.

Yeah, but many of the demos will be similar to that (like original Atlas).

I'm sure it won't be too tough to grab.