Bernie 2016

Insurance should never cover birth control unless the birth will cause a death. Then it's debatable.

I want to believe that you're just being sarcastic.

While it would be really disappointing if he lost the primaries and we got Hillary instead, I don't think it would be as devastating for his supporters as implied earlier in the thread.  I doubt if Bernie would even be that disappointed.  This situation reminds me of the Robert Redford movie 'The Candidate'.  In that, he probably doesn't even truly expect to win.  But here's a great opportunity for him to get up on his soap box and spread some truths and what he thinks about stuff.

That people are listening and agreeing is just gravy.

I want to believe that you're just being sarcastic.

I wasn't gonna say anything else about it unless someone quoted me. "Death" was a strong word. I just don't think I should have to pay a higher premium because someone wants to have sex and not get pregnant. I also don't see how you can deny a hearing aid, but pay for someone to not get pregnant.

I wasn't gonna say anything else about it unless someone quoted me. "Death" was a strong word. I just don't think I should have to pay a higher premium because someone wants to have sex and not get pregnant. I also don't see how you can deny a hearing aid, but pay for someone to not get pregnant.

again. if you think the cost of potential birth control (in bulk) is going to raise your taxes in a country where we just had a two trillion dollar war with no positive outcomes, then you're having the arguments that republicans think half this country is dumb enough to have. 

You're also paying for men to get free Viagara. There are a lot of things padding your premium, but I don't think birth control (especially with what I told you previously about what it does BESIDES preventing pregnancy) should top your list of "useless medications."

It helps over 65% of women. That doesn't sound useless to me.

But wasting 1.2 Trillion on broken, useless and now forgotten obama-tax-care state web exchanges was a great excuse to line the pockets of politically connected lobbyists.  

again. if you think the cost of potential birth control (in bulk) is going to raise your taxes in a country where we just had a two trillion dollar war with no positive outcomes, then you're having the arguments that republicans think half this country is dumb enough to have. 

But wasting 1.2 Trillion on broken, useless and now forgotten obama-tax-care state web exchanges was a great excuse to line the pockets of politically connected lobbyists.

You're wrong. Obamacare will increase taxes on insurance companies and investment income by 1.2 trillion over a DECADE which will more than offset the costs of expanding Medicare and exchanges. According to this report by The Congressional Budget Office, repealing the law would actually Increase deficits. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/114th-congress-2015-2016/reports/50252-Effects_of_ACA_Repeal.pdf

You're wrong. Obamacare will increase taxes on insurance companies and investment income by 1.2 trillion over a DECADE which will more than offset the costs of expanding Medicare and exchanges. According to this report by The Congressional Budget Office, repealing the law would actually Increase deficits. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/114th-congress-2015-2016/reports/50252-Effects_of_ACA_Repeal.pdf

troll just got served

i can. we already have the ACA. this would be an unnecessary, extra tax. it could lead to the government trying to enforce population control like communist china. also, dumb people. they are the wild card and don't use birth control even when it's free.

Communist China? Are you fucking daft?

Dumb people who don't use free birth control? You know what would fix that? Decent sex education in schools. In my high school the health teacher got fired for teaching us about condoms. Part of her job was to teach 15-17 year olds about sexual health and she got fired for saying "condom"

But back to communist China, you're wrong and what the fuck? To go from "access to birth control" to "Government forced population control takes so many mental leaps and bounds that I can only assume you're one of those dumb people you mentioned.

Communist China? Are you fucking daft?

Dumb people who don't use free birth control? You know what would fix that? Decent sex education in schools. In my high school the health teacher got fired for teaching us about condoms. Part of her job was to teach 15-17 year olds about sexual health and she got fired for saying "condom"

But back to communist China, you're wrong and what the fuck? To go from "access to birth control" to "Government forced population control takes so many mental leaps and bounds that I can only assume you're one of those dumb people you mentioned.

are you referring to the ACA as a "less people" tax? i inferred that you were speaking of a different, separate "less people" tax that you are willing to pay because more people = more problems.