Slipmat Sale For Vinyl Collective

A bunch of you have ordered some of our slipmats in the past--especially when I've given out the free shipping code, so I wanted to let you know that we have a new design from Kyler Martz up on the site. I also wanted to pass along another free shipping code: VINYLCOLLECTIVE2015 so feel free to use it from now until 7/30! Head to our Etsy page or Porchlight Slipmats. Lemme know if anyone has any questions! USA and Canada only!

5719529_orig.jpg

You think a $9.90 slipmat ships internationally for free?

Nope, but if you don't ask then you don't get ;)

Thank you guys! The code is for Canada and the US only. But if any international folks would like the same discount, here's $4 off any international order--just use the code INTERNATIONALMAT at porchlightslipmats.com

Thank you very much!

So, probably a noob question. What's the purpose of slipmats? I mean is there any other reason or "bonus" for them besides being aesthetic?

In large part it's protection for your record. Putting it directly on a metal platter increases the chance of scratches from it, since metal is hard.

If you have an acrylic platter, you don't have to worry so much about this.

Different materials for slipmats can also lend some different sonic qualities.