Now: See Through Dresses - End of Days 12" (Tiny Engines)

From Tiny Engines. 

v600_cover.jpg

Principal songwriters Mathew Carroll and Sara Bertuldo, along with drummer Nate Van Fleet and bassist Alex Kirts, have crafted a catalogue of songs indebted to classic post-punk and new wave artists of the 80's, but their sonic footprint more closely resembles the textural treatments of 90's dream-pop and shoegaze. The arrangements often build as though to erupt, only to implode. There are moments when Bertuldo and Carroll sound noxious and distant, their voices doused in reverb, their guitars droning and pulsing. When the clouds look dark, See Through Dresses offer flashes of pure pop sunshine to punctuate those moments of isolation and distance.

Track Listing
  1. Haircut
  2. Big On Brains
  3. Little Apple Rot
  4. Everyman
  5. End Of Days
  6. Drag Scene
Pressing Information

First Pressing:
200 Opaque Red
300 Clear
500 Black

http://www.tinyengines.net/products/556121

• 3 weeks later...

Oooooh, I think I dig this. Thanks for mentioning this in the Deafheaven thread(?). They have a nice 80's sound, at least on the first record.

Yeah, it's good stuff. I've been totally hooked into the nugaze scene the past couple of years and I think your COTS Machine Gun (gloomgaze) recommendation had a lot to do with it. This is worth gambling on. .