I wonder if my having bought it on Steam qualifies me for entrance?

Mmm, from what it sounded like, it was only for people who purchased PHYSICAL deluxe editions. Whether it be for PS4, XBone, or PC.

But I totally get what you're saying Lunchbox. I would rather they just press even 500 copies of this or something. Anything but this "limited to 5" bullshit. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll see a somewhat different release if they see the demand.

I mean, I've already downloaded/played through all the episodes on my PS4, so half the reason I preordered the deluxe edition was for the CD soundtrack. This "sweepstakes" was just a bonus. This game just needs more "licensed" products. Possibly my favorite game of last year.

Mmm, from what it sounded like, it was only for people who purchased PHYSICAL deluxe editions. Whether it be for PS4, XBone, or PC.

But I totally get what you're saying Lunchbox. I would rather they just press even 500 copies of this or something. Anything but this "limited to 5" bullshit. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll see a somewhat different release if they see the demand.

I mean, I've already downloaded/played through all the episodes on my PS4, so half the reason I preordered the deluxe edition was for the CD soundtrack. This "sweepstakes" was just a bonus. This game just needs more "licensed" products. Possibly my favorite game of last year.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I thought about buying the PS4 version regardless for the soundtrack, like you, so they may get more money from me yet. I've got to think on it. But yeah, limited to 5? That doesn't even make sense. If this is a test press, or the only US release with a special sleeve/slipcase/etc. Sure, great, that's awesome, but why even bother to press it at all if they're going to release 5 copies? That's just insane, and it's crap on top of what I already said. It makes zero sense. Hopefully we'll find out about a Japanese release soon, and that this was a test press, because I really can't fathom they'd pay to have a lathe cut only 5 records, or even crazier that they'd have a press made only for 5 copies. SquareEnix has proved repeatedly that they're willing to alienate certain sections of their fans over and over (following Konami's lead in many ways), but overall they've also proved they're cheapskates, so it doesn't seem likely we won't see a wider release at some point, even if it is only in Japan with these being the only English only releases. 

That's my two cents anyway. 

Wait do you need to preorder the Limited version, or just either version, to enter?

I think you just have to order a physical copy, not just the digital download. 

1. How to Enter—No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.  There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes.  To enter, either (i) visit the Square Enix Online Store at https://store.na.square-enix.com/ and purchase a physical, "limited edition" version of Life Is Strange for Xbox One, PS4, or PC, or (ii) send a letter or postcard with your name, age, mailing address, and email address to Square Enix, Inc., 999 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 3rd floor, El Segundo, CA 90245 (Attn: Life Is Strange™ Vinyl Soundtrack Sweepstakes) (each, an "entry").

Yeah but I can guarantee those postcards won't win lmao

There likely won't be a Japanese release of Life is Strange because it's published by the western arm of Square Enix.

If anything, it might still get a European release. I know a few people at the company so I'll make some enquiries.

Ah, didn't know that. If you can score one hook a brother up. ;)

I didn't read it as there being only 5 copies made but that there are a very limited copies of these made, five of which will be given away. It's very possible that it's some sort of promotional material, only going out to people associated with the project, maybe press, where even a pressing of a couple hundred copies can be extremely hard to track down.

I didn't read it as there being only 5 copies made but that there are a very limited copies of these made, five of which will be given away. It's very possible that it's some sort of promotional material, only going out to people associated with the project, maybe press, where even a pressing of a couple hundred copies can be extremely hard to track down.

I assume this is the case actually, as in it's going to be in a press kit or a promotional item of some sort not available to the public. That's exactly what happened with the Bioshock 7" 45, I've been looking for one for years. There were two versions, actually, one that went in a press kit, and one that was part of a contest. Same record, different sleeves. But $200 for a 45, and $1,200 for the press kit which has the variant is just ridiculous. I assume I'll just never be owning the Life is Strange OST on vinyl at this point. Mostly because SquareEnix has regularly and continually shafted their North American fans.

Let us know if you find anything out Walnut. 

I'll go out on a limb and guess you're working somewhere in the gaming industry. Jealous  :ph34r:

Correct, but if they're sending copies out, it's feasible to presume that they've pressed more copies than we originally thought. I imagine some of the less reputable games sites will probably be throwing these on ebay, so keep an eye out. 

LiS is one of my all-time favourite games, so don't worry - I'll die before I flip this.

Correct, but if they're sending copies out, it's feasible to presume that they've pressed more copies than we originally thought. I imagine some of the less reputable games sites will probably be throwing these on ebay, so keep an eye out. 

LiS is one of my all-time favourite games, so don't worry - I'll die before I flip this.

Is there any way some of us who are industry press could get one? I actually am related to several medium-sized sites, and I'd kill for one. :( I am afraid I don't think Square gives a darn about me as is though. 

Man that needs to happen so badly. That and Bloodborne.

In fact that reminds me, I randomly got an email with a code for that platinum trophy Bloodborne theme this afternoon! Months after they supposedly sent them out!

Oh man I'd die. Maybe they'll happen eventually.

You're lucky, I never got the platinum theme. I downloaded that dynamic Hunter's Dream theme though and it's pretty nice.