Godspeed You! Black Emperor Fall 2015 tour

Holy fucking shit. I had no idea.

So, I just saw these guys for the first time tonight in Hudson, NY. Kicking off their Fall tour.

They played all of the new album, plus some stuff I know I've heard before (sadly no Storm). But oh my GOD what a fucking experience that was.

I see shows sober, and that music had me enraptured like nothing I've ever experienced before. It was better than the best Phish jams I've seen. Pure ecstasy.

Go see this band.

http://cstrecords.com/gybe/

One if my favorite days working at a venue was the they played. Showed up before we opened for brunch around 10:15am. Came in and basically chilled all day long. Started sound check and Sophie's violin broke....so I was asked if I wanted to drive them to the repair shop before they closed. I drove member of Godspeed You Black Emperor around...watched all of sound check. Hung out afterwards and then was sent to grab pizza for after the show. So we broke everything down, chilled and ate pizza after the sold out show in a 250 cap room......ended up with two copies of the setlist....got a free shirt and LP. Incredible experience. Incredible live show. Karl is a fucking wizard with those projectors.

One if my favorite days working at a venue was the they played. Showed up before we opened for brunch around 10:15am. Came in and basically chilled all day long. Started sound check and Sophie's violin broke....so I was asked if I wanted to drive them to the repair shop before they closed. I drove member of Godspeed You Black Emperor around...watched all of sound check. Hung out afterwards and then was sent to grab pizza for after the show. So we broke everything down, chilled and ate pizza after the sold out show in a 250 cap room......ended up with two copies of the setlist....got a free shirt and LP. Incredible experience. Incredible live show. Karl is a fucking wizard with those projectors.

Wow, that's awesome!

They played a pre-fest show this year. The fest starts tomorrow, I guess.

That show last night was fucking unreal. Hope Drone and the new song just absolutely DESTROYED.

And then to get East Hastings (the Sad Mafioso) at the end.... wow.

Those guys have the sickest fucking guitar sounds. The stage is literally covered in pedal boards.

anybody see what they have for merch?

They had some shirts that I wasn't in love with, as well as vinyl and CD copies of the new album.

They had this one sick shirt but it had "God's pee" in big letters along the bottom, and I wasn't thrilled about having that. Although I'm kind of regretting not picking one up now.

They have some pretty beautiful guitars too. Efrim's tone in ASMZ and his solo record especially blow my mind. I love that trebly distortion more than anything.

My favorite moment was them doing The Sad Mafioso and the dude sits stage left with his back to the audience had the most beautiful, round warm guitar tone I've ever heard. Almost no treble. He had some weird small amp too and most of the knobs were turned all the way down haha.

Well. I guess seeing them in Bloomington and Belgium. Iiiiiiiiiiiiii'm rather speechless and also ready. Surprised they don't sell out all these shows. Have many fans moved on or is there a cult-ish following so much that it simply hasn't reached that next level?

I've enjoyed them for quite a few years, however I hadn't really been attentive to them until I realized silver mount zion material.

tonight is the night. i'm not ready.

I'm stoked for you and can't wait to read about your reaction, when you get around to posting it.

Well. I guess seeing them in Bloomington and Belgium. Iiiiiiiiiiiiii'm rather speechless and also ready. Surprised they don't sell out all these shows. Have many fans moved on or is there a cult-ish following so much that it simply hasn't reached that next level?

I've enjoyed them for quite a few years, however I hadn't really been attentive to them until I realized silver mount zion material.

The last tour they did over here on the West coast, they completely filled up (and sold out of tickets for) the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco.  The venue holds a good amount of people and it was absolutely packed to the brim.

Im assuming with no update on godspeed it was so good you didnt make it through the show.

haha i'm alive. just really busy at work today and exhausted on top of that (didn't get home until nearly 2 and was up before 6).

show was amazing. they opened with hope drone, played all of asunder, new song, storm, and mladic. I was a little bummed they didn't play moya, but pretty hard to be disappointed after that. I couldn't believe how HUGE the stuff from asunder was--translated really well live.

the projection show was mindblowing as well. I don't know how that dude keeps everything straight.

the projection show was mindblowing as well. I don't know how that dude keeps everything straight.

Especially when he starts burning frames live

From what I could tell while they were setting up and watching him during the show, he has the loops made already, and my guess is he knows they all go well with the music already and just grabs and goes with it. He wasn't sifting through them during the performance when I saw them. He was just grabbing them, getting them loaded into one of the projectors and rolling with it....absolutely fascinating to stand behind Karl and watch him do his thing while watching the end-product with their live performance as well. Just phenominal