"THE ADDAMS FAMILY 50TH ANNIVERSARY" LP

SPACELAB9

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an extra "pumpkin splatter" for sale?

How much are they going for?

We have a very small amount left over from NYCC. They will be going on our website within the next two weeks along with Mega Man lps.

Travis, will these be available in stores?

The "Black Pumpkin" was exclusive to NYCC, we do have a few copies remaining so we will make them available on our website. "Lurch Green" Edition is a Newbury Comics exclusive, "Uncle Fester's LIghtbulb" glow in the dark Edition is a Barnes & Noble exclusive and the "Cousin Itt Brown is a Hastings exclusive.

you talking about the hobby in general?

agree though, this is pretty daft

This release in particular and others like it.

My boss does a B.Y.O.Vinyl night DJ gig every other Wednesday at a local brewery here in town......he had a guy bring in a RSD copy of the Ghostbusters soundtrack and tell him "this is its virgin spin, bro!" And my boss said, "didn't this come out on RSD?" "Yeah!" "You haven't even opened it in the quarter of a year you've had this?"

The Hobby ,as you put it, in conjunction with Major labels clogging plants with inane high dollar reissues is absolutely ruining it for everybody.

There's actually a sort of Summit meeting happening at GottaGroove in Clevelend, OH addressing the current state of vinyl....pros/cons discussed....been helping my bosses come up with a concise way to do their portion of the discussion. Wish I could be there. I sincerely hope The Hobby is discussed at this small summit-like meeting.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I will say that the people that we encountered over the course of the NYCC, were genuinely excited to have Addams Family on vinyl. It was probably our best seller of the show yet there is only 1 that found its way to Ebay. So to those individuals it certainly wasn't as you put it "an incredible waste of vinyl, resources, effort, and time". It is all a matter of taste, and if you were to ask me personally I would find Jawbreaker records to be an incredible waste of vinyl but hey to each is their own. Far too often in this hobby people focus so much of their energy on what they hate and belittling what others enjoy, rather  than just embracing what you yourself enjoy.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I will say that the people that we encountered over the course of the NYCC, were genuinely excited to have Addams Family on vinyl.

Are you telling me people who paid a ridiculous amount of money to get into a mainstream pop culture flea market were excited to spend a large sum of money on a novelty item they'll probably never remove from the packaging?

Are you telling me people who paid a ridiculous amount of money to get into a mainstream pop culture flea market were excited to spend a large sum of money on a novelty item they'll probably never remove from the packaging?

This is my biggest problem with the deluxe soundtrack market. It's clogging up plants because Nerd Merch Collectors are used to paying premium prices for useless shit related to a thing they like. Not that no one spins them, but this is a market of people used to just putting trinkets on a shelf.

I love film scores but no one needs something like the newest X Men movie on vinyl. Something like Solaris is an important piece of ambient awesomeness that deserves to be on wax.

This is my biggest problem with the deluxe soundtrack market. It's clogging up plants because Nerd Merch Collectors are used to paying premium prices for useless shit related to a thing they like. Not that no one spins them, but this is a market of people used to just putting trinkets on a shelf.

I love film scores but no one needs something like the newest X Men movie on vinyl. Something like Solaris is an important piece of ambient awesomeness that deserves to be on wax.

This. The Grandaddy/Arm of Roger album that just got the fun little limited release on vinyl for the first time....we're talking a full pressin of 200 pieces took 9 months for the plant to press it and get it back to the label. How many millions of soundtracks and major label reissues that came in after they place their order in January this year were pushing it back in line?

There's a reason that you see/find soundtracks in thriftstores.....

you'd be damn hard pressed to find jawbreaker records in a garage sale or at a thrift store....

RSD styled novelty pieces are sincerely ruining something I find a lot of joy in. I don't care that anybody enjoys different genres on the format, I do care that we need 4-5 limited variants for every single new pressing of everything.....the fact that more goes into variants than properly mastering the audio to maximize the sound quality of the format is bothersome.

With everybody having to throw these together to even attempt to get them pressed in under a year's turn around without outsourcing to the Czech Republic....I just. Seriously, it's less about people's preferences and more about the product actually meaning more than a mantle-piece to music enthusiasts.

For those interested today at 2PM at www.spacelab9.com the remaining copies of ADDAMS FAMILY "Black Pumpkin" will be made available.

As many are already aware by now, we created this very limited "BLACK
PUMPKIN" SPLATTER VINYL VARIANT as an exclusive for our exhibition at New
York Comic Con earlier this month. We are now offering the final copies of
this variant exclusively at SPACELAB9.COM on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
BASIS.

DUE TO THE LIMITED NATURE OF THIS RECORD, ORDERS ARE LIMITED TO TWO PER
CUSTOMER / ADDRESS

This seems funny to me, almost like selective hypocrisy. I understand that Solaris might be a better piece musically, but really?