FALLOUT 3 VINYL BOX SET AND PICTURE DISC LP

Now that they announced the pressing quantity - 2500 copies -- it seems like they pressed this for the mega masses, as in total novelty item/gift. I know the game is huge but these should be around forever, unless I'm totally underestimating the Fallout/VinylCollector overlap.

Now that they announced the pressing quantity - 2500 copies -- it seems like they pressed this for the mega masses, as in total novelty item/gift. I know the game is huge but these should be around forever, unless I'm totally underestimating the Fallout/VinylCollector overlap.

I actually have no idea. It's fewer than the number of The Last of Us boxsets that Mondo pressed I think.

I actually have no idea. It's fewer than the number of The Last of Us boxsets that Mondo pressed I think.

I would not be very surprised to see this sell out, but probably not as quickly. Fallout has some rabid fans (though probably not as rabid as Mondo's fan's combined with the also rabid TLoU fans). 

As for the numbers, Mondo did an initial run of 2,500 TLoU and then an additional 1,500; 4K released in total. The initial batch sold out in about two hours one hour, iirc. I do remember that by the time I put in my order (about ten minutes after posting), to the time I took my lunch break from work a couple hours later they were sold out, as a friend of mine was bemoaning he missed them. The second batch took two-three weeks to sell out, but that shipment doesn't land until December. I was in among the initial buyers and there an attempt to make a big hoopla over their being an additional 1,500 copies by a very small group of Mondo/TLoU "fans" because they felt Mondo was decreasing the value of their purchase/saturating the market (which for me was a "who cares" moment, because I think the more people that can enjoy it, the better, despite having had it already "locked down"). So yeah. The fact it didn't sell out immediately doesn't surprise me, due to the cost (a bit high, but not unexpected for OST's at this point), but I'm sure it will in a few weeks at least, and with the holiday season coming it'll hit stupidly high prices soon enough I'm sure.  

Edit: Mondo's blog post/press release on the subject: http://tinyurl.com/ncszac2

• 2 weeks later...

https://bethesdastore.zendesk.com/entries/22293733-How-do-I-cancel-or-change-an-order-

Submit a request at the top of the page. I just sent one, hopefully I hear from them soon. 

Edit: just got a response, they cancelled my first order, new order already paid, with shipping total comes to $76.75. 

I tried adding a coffee mug with the code and still getting the free shipping but it wouldn't work for some reason. 

Be prepared folks...

My boxset showed up in a box big enough to fit 4 of these shipped from thinkgeek and NO Padding inside! Boxset is shrinkwrapped so tight it is completely bowed. I have a feeling a few will be damaged in transit but after spenidithat kind of money you think they could have put some padding inside!

Vinyl looks OK 7" is just floating around inside so be careful when u open it all up and how is the letter "L" missing from the book?!? How did this pass planning? Just seems odd you have this beautiful layout explaining each letter and leave the L off... Vinyl is almost transparent blue and not like the image online

Vinyl looks OK 7" is just floating around inside so be careful when u open it all up and how is the letter "L" missing from the book?!? How did this pass planning? Just seems odd you have this beautiful layout explaining each letter and leave the L off... Vinyl is almost transparent blue and not like the image online

I found this imgur album of the Special book looking for pictures of the box set. http://imgur.com/a/k9keH Can't believe that was overlooked.  Also I'm starting to think one of the main reasons this was stretched to 3 LPs was so they could use all 6 vault numbers for the center labels.