PO: Jawbreaker - Dear You repress (12/18/15)

gmoney

I remember the pre-Napster 90s when this was out of print and only one person in my circle of friends had a CD-R of this album. No one had CD burners at the time so we would pass it around, often wondering who actually had it and waiting months before it actually surfaced. No one ever made a copy due to the lack of CD burners. I guess we could have made tapes. Maybe we did. I eventually purchased the CD reissue in 2004.

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it will result in a superior product.

Some of my old LPs sound better than any of my new releases. My Back in Black is 42 minutes long or something and sounds wonderful. My point was that people are kinda spoiled now expecting albums that weren't double albums or really really long on 2LPs now. Especially for something like RA Heartbreaker that was originally 1LP but is now cut on 2 with like 3 songs per side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all the reissues are 2 LP, only the original blue is 1 lp. I like the reissue more sound quality wise, plus it's got an extra 5 songs or so. I gave the original to an ex.

this is 1 Lp I believe. The blackball reissues were 2 Lp.

And get whatever press, this one is readily available so might as well. Excellent album, worry more about the tunes then the physical presentation or slightly inaudible differences in presses.