Dark Souls III - Sleep when you're dead.

rooks

I'm like two hours in and still not sure where I want to go with my build. I am always bad with this kind of thing.

I think I'm better with dex weapons, but I used an Ultra Great Sword my first playthrough in DS1, and then did the same thing in DS2, and now I can't stop. My first playthrough is always Strength/Quality, second playthrough is min/max Dexterity.

I think I am going to do strength for my first playthrough too. I have just been kind of evenly putting points in vigor, strength and endurance. Do you guys just recommend pumping points into strength until I hit the soft cap?

I think I am going to do strength for my first playthrough too. I have just been kind of evenly putting points in vigor, strength and endurance. Do you guys just recommend pumping points into strength until I hit the soft cap?

Souls are a bit harder to come by in this game than others. I am 24 hours deep and I'm like level 52. I pumped all my stats directly into Strength (and 8 into Dex) in the very beginning. It makes things tough if you do this though.  I'd maybe find a weapon you like and get the min stats you need for it first. Then up whatever else you like Health/Stamina/Equip Load.

I run most of these games wearing a silly hat and nothing else but my giant sword. So, I don't typically care about Equip Load, and even with better health I'd still get 1 or 2 hit. So, for me, I don't pump points into those until I get real frustrated. Your experience may vary though, depending on your playstyle and whether getting 1 hit makes you want to cry irl.

It REALLY opens up options weapon wise for any build type. I really love it.

So technically speaking you could take something with a very fast moveset but low hit points (as an easy example, some sort of daggers), and infuse them so that their stats better utilize your strength/dexterity, right?

Combine that with the ring I mentioned earlier that refills your health with each hit and you'll be unstoppable!

So technically speaking you could take something with a very fast moveset but low hit points (as an easy example, some sort of daggers), and infuse them so that their stats better utilize your strength/dexterity, right?

Combine that with the ring I mentioned earlier that refills your health with each hit and you'll be unstoppable!

The health ring is actually pretty garbage :\

The heavy/sharp infusions are like any other that change scaling, they knock the base damage down a little bit and change the scaling to the desired scale.  So, it's not like you can take a UGS and sharp infuse it and have a UGS-sized katana that hits for 600 AR and swings super fast.

You just have an UGS with slightly less base damage that now scales off of your dex stat, instead of your Str stat.

So, take my use case - I took a Great Scythe that had a C in Dex scaling. I have 30 Strength and 18 Dex. I Heavy infused it. it knocked some points off the base damage on the GS - but gave it a C scaling in Str instead of Dex. The +AR I got from my strength stat made it better than it was when it scaled on my shitty Dex stat.

It's not game breaking or anything, but it lets you not have to re-allocate your stats any time you want to try a new weapon subset.  I could see it being very cool in PVP - have a standard UGS out as a Str build but decide you need more speed? Swap to something light like daggers that you have Heavy infused and still hit hard.

Future Press made amazing guides based on the Souls games and Bloodborne. However, Prima got their hands on DS3 and they have done a poor job. Due to stock issues with Amazon in the UK, mine is arriving today. However, the reviews for the guide show how bad it really is.

◾Missing Chapters. Some people have reported Chapters 1,2, and 10 are not even in the book.

◾table of contents goes from page 42 to 224 with no breaks in between. Walkthroughs of the areas themselves are not even labeled in the contents -Poor quality paper -Incomplete information and maps of the areas -No mention of New game plus -Poor detail on how to obtain certain loot, not even clear in the slightest. -The Estus flask is a horrible plastic lump. Looks horrible and not worth the money. You can't even drink out of it. -Not even an index page

I'm quite disappointed and really regretting buying this guide. Its a shame futurepress was never able to make a guide under DS3, especially seeing the quality of their past guides of the game. Thinking about picking it up or it hasn't dispatched yet? Cancel it and get your money back.

Ok so my copy of the guide arrived today. Im not saying the poor reviews are BS, because looking on Primas twitter pages there are a few posts about spelling errors, so there are obviously a couple of oversights, BUT, my copy seems pretty good. Maybe I got a second run of them or an early run had some issues, but in direct comparison to the above review I can say that:

◾ All chapters are in the book. The only thing I can think that leads people to believe otherwise is that chapters one, two, and ten are literally a page each and the actual chapters themselves are only labelled as chapters in the corner of the page, but not in these specific chapters.

◾ The chapter pages do jump from 42 to 224 because that section is specifically the path suggested for the game. Personally I don't see a problem with this as I just flick through until I find the bit I want.

◾ The paper quality seems good enough. Not sure what more is needed for it, but each to their own.

◾ There's no specific artwork section or interviews, but I can live without this. I see that a more of a "nice to have, but not essential"

◾ I looked at the boss fight tactics for the ones I've already done. They seem reasonable. Not as detailed as the Future Press ones, and certainly not as helpful for different builds.

Just my two cents, I'm sure others may feel otherwise, but in my opinion this isn't a "bad" guide.