Dark Souls III - Sleep when you're dead.

rooks

Just reached the Catacombs. Not having much fun at all.

I think I've cleared everything before this and I'm starting today. They seemed fucking cool looking.

Anyone having a much easier time using close range melee in this game than the others? It felt like a handicap in DS1 I'm kinda bummed I haven't gotten stuck yet.

Close Combat definitely feels a lot more fluid and fast, like Bloodborne. I feel like I can chain and stun lock a lot more enemies than I could in DS1.

I think the chain locking is the biggest difference. I'm just using a Darksword and even big enemies are getting staggered and easily dispatched. I'm probably over leveled too.

I think the chain locking is the biggest difference. I'm just using a Darksword and even big enemies are getting staggered and easily dispatched. I'm probably over leveled too.

yeah I agree. The Abyss Watchers fight became so easy when I realized how easy it was to stun lock him. I feel like levelling is harder in this game though. After a boss in DS1 or Bloodborne I could usually level up 3-4 times. In DS3 I usually only get enough for 2.

I thought the final boss was kind of dumb. Total roll of the dice.

if he pulls spear you can take half his health without getting hit. If he pulls magic and then god forbid the curved sword, youre spending half your flasks. He wasnt particularly hard, but the luck portion of the fight was stupid. First few times i played him i either used no heals until he juggled me to death at the end of phase 2 or i was out of heals before phase 2 because he kept doing magic and curved sword simultaneously.

Meh

I thought the final boss was kind of dumb. Total roll of the dice.

if he pulls spear you can take half his health without getting hit. If he pulls magic and then god forbid the curved sword, youre spending half your flasks. He wasnt particularly hard, but the luck portion of the fight was stupid. First few times i played him i either used no heals until he juggled me to death at the end of phase 2 or i was out of heals before phase 2 because he kept doing magic and curved sword simultaneously.

Meh

That music though

I'm so obsessed with this game right now.

I'm REALLY far behind most. I'm still trying to clear the cathedral and I haven't even touched the swamp/ferron, yet. I just love how much this game is like DS1. I feel like I'm always struggling for souls, and I'm stuck using the deep battle axe. I want to switch weapons, but with limited upgrades available, there really isn't any comparison. I guess if I moved more through the game, the upgrades would appear, but I'm super afraid I'll miss more things like I already have!

Good times. Need more souls.

i just suck at this game. im still trying to beat the 2nd boss. ive died a few times. took me a while to get there. but still going. i honestly doubt im gonna beat this boss. fuck it ill just keep trying.

Try spending some time grinding out a load of souls and levelling up. Concentrate on vigor, endurance, and depending on your build probably strength or dexterity. If you can, level up your weapon and if it helps you maybe your shield.

If this is your first souls game (assume maybe it is?), get to grips with rolling through moves and learning the boss' move-set. Rolling at specific points will generally make you invincible to most moves, though some are unavoidable. Take your time, bait their moves, and attack when the timing is right. Most bosses have different move-sets depending on their health so don't assume the fight will stay they same all the way...

Good luck man!

Hoping NG+ steps things up...

It really doesn't...  :( i just finished NG+, and if anything, i found it much easier than NG because I already knew what to expect and was already familiar with boss movesets. i don't think i've been stuck on a boss for more than 4-5 tries. (most took 1-2)

buuuut that's okay. this game is still incredible. demon's souls was like that too, where the areas were tough, but the bosses really weren't. 

but with limited upgrades available, there really isn't any comparison. I guess if I moved more through the game, the upgrades would appear, but I'm super afraid I'll miss more things like I already have!

don't you worry, upgrade materials become veryyyyyyy abundant as drops. once you find the right ashes they're even purchasable from the shrine handmaid  :ph34r:

Dragoncrest shield, dark sword, and the fallen knight armour set is the way forward for the entire game! I've been near unstoppable with that combo.

My advice for Pontiff Sulyvahn is...

...dodge, dodge, and dodge! Just keep rolling until he stops his combos and sneak in an attack or two after. High stamina will obviously help! When he reached phase two, take out his ghost/phantom immediately, preferably while he's "summoning" him. The ghost pre-empts every attack the real Pontiff Sulyvahn makes with the same one so expect two of every move if you cant take him out immediately.

shit dragoncrest shield is life <3

Just found the Dragoncrest Shield. I really like that little area where I found it.

So after inadvertently starting down the "dark" path, I decided to fully embrace it on my first play through. (Funny as I also accidentally did the dark ending the first time I finished DaS). The problem is that I am sooooo bad at invading and PVP combat! I should just change my name to Free Souls and Ember, so when I invade, the host knows what to expect!

lulz :D

Had a lot of fun as an Aldrich Faithful.

That little area is such a good spot for invades. #1 because there is a lot of summon signs anyway in the courtyard right outside of Sulyvahn, but also because PVErs have just killed Sulyvahn so are therefore embered when they venture out. Then I get called in to defend the honor of Aldrich.

had similar fun with Darkmoon. Haven't played around with Rosaria's yet. I'm sure it will be fun but I'm a little concerned about gank squads. Will prob experiment with it this weekend.