Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

nardes

Not quoting this specific post but generally you've been dead on in this thread, I don't ever expect VC to get anything about rap.

Lol dudes saying the autotune trend died out, the biggest and best rappers out there (Drake, Future, Thugger) are all soooo influenced by 808s it's ridiculous

Thank you. I may not be able to talk about all genres, or even rap, but I can defend Kanye till the day I die because anyone who gets music will agree, and anyone who doesn't isn't worth arguing with. 

Thank you. I may not be able to talk about all genres, or even rap, but I can defend Kanye till the day I die because anyone who gets music will agree, and anyone who doesn't isn't worth arguing with. 

preach, real recognize real 

Most GODS in the world have plenty of blind haters, comes with the territory.

Not quoting this specific post but generally you've been dead on in this thread, I don't ever expect VC to get anything about rap.

Lol dudes saying the autotune trend died out, the biggest and best rappers out there (Drake, Future, Thugger) are all soooo influenced by 808s it's ridiculous

Glad someone else pointed that out

preach, real recognize real 

Most GODS in the world have plenty of blind haters, comes with the territory.

It appears that you registered just to quote some truly profound wisdom in this thread.  Well done.

What the fuck is going on with VC as of late?  I find a lot of the yeppp; these boards just ain't what they used to be posts to be a little melodramatic, but this last month or two has been especially brutal.

I honestly don't get why people feel like they need to come on to the release thread for an artist they don't like, just to talk about how they don't like them and why the artist is bad. Like if you don't like Kanye West, fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea. But why the hell are you here complaining about him??? Do people on here just get off on making people feel bad about the artists they like? Do people just hate the artist that much? 

I think that's a big part of the negative attitude on this site is just people going on releases from artists they don't like, not even listening to the album/project, but still complaining about how bad the artist is. Like why is that necessary. 

I honestly don't get why people feel like they need to come on to the release thread for an artist they don't like, just to talk about how they don't like them and why the artist is bad. Like if you don't like Kanye West, fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea. But why the hell are you here complaining about him??? Do people on here just get off on making people feel bad about the artists they like? Do people just hate the artist that much? 

I think that's a big part of the negative attitude on this site is just people going on releases from artists they don't like, not even listening to the album/project, but still complaining about how bad the artist is. Like why is that necessary. 

Just having a discussion here – which is what a forum is for.  I've enjoyed some of Kanye's material enough to check out the new album and voice my thoughts on it, and him as an artist.  I wouldn't stick my nose in something like a Drake thread, for instance.  I have nothing positive to say about Drake and probably couldn't be paid to listen to a Drake album.  And bumping a Drake thread just isn't a burden that I'd be comfortable bearing, either.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to check out an album and voice a lukewarm (or even negative) opinion on it.  The people shitting on the music without bothering to give it at least one comb-through? – not sure why they're in the thread, you're right.  But I still think it's a lot more interesting than everyone rehashing the same praise and quoting one another with one blanket opinion.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to check out an album and voice a lukewarm (or even negative) opinion on it. The people shitting on the music without bothering to give it at least one comb-through? – not sure why they're in the thread, you're right. But I still think it's a lot more interesting than everyone rehashing the same praise and quoting one another with one blanket opinion.

That's totally fair. And just to be clear I wasn't trying to like call you out specifically. More people on earlier pages. I do enjoy the actual discussion of the album and comparing it to earlier work, even if it is negatively received. I more meant that it seems like a lot of the people being negative never even listened to the album and just dislike the artist as a whole. So what are they really adding? Nothing but negativity. I feel like it's just shity for the people who do like the artist/the actual album being discussed, because it distracts from the actual conversation for people to defend themselves.

I more meant that it seems like a lot of the people being negative never even listened to the album and just dislike the artist as a whole. So what are they really adding? Nothing but negativity. I feel like it's just shity for the people who do like the artist/the actual album being discussed, because it distracts from the actual conversation for people to defend themselves.

Unfortunately VC in a nutshell.

It appears that you registered just to quote some truly profound wisdom in this thread.  Well done.

What the fuck is going on with VC as of late?  I find a lot of the yeppp; these boards just ain't what they used to be posts to be a little melodramatic, but this last month or two has been especially brutal.

I told my friend to register bc he was asking for music forums.

get over yourself 

so many hateful people on here oh my

Let's keep this thread on topic please

P4kers are so obvious lol

I have been observing from the outside but holy shit. I think Kanye West is a genius at marketing himself and his whole self obsessed persona is really well done performance art, but it is ridiculous for people to call him a musical genius. I get his influence on modern garbage rap but is that a good thing? Musical geniuses don't need 20 other people on their albums helping produce and ghostwrite. There are a lot of bands influenced by Nickleback too, I'm sure. As with post-Nirvana rock music, I hope this whole post-808s thing dies out too.

Also, Kanye West of VC (Kess), I don't take your opinion seriously at all but go ahead and say I don't know music. No skin off my back.

Yeah lots of bands have influenced lots of other bands. Fall Out Boy claims Get Up Kids to be a huge influence, but does that make me like Get Up Kids any less? Fuck no. Yeezy is great for what he is. His production is so solid and his lyrics leave something be desired. Watch the Throne was a great showcase of his talent around Jay Z imo. I prefer any of the Kanye stuff on that album over Jay Z. Jay Z's lyrics have gotten, or have always been, cringe worthy in the recent years, but he's a smart business dude so he gets little slack for his art. Being crazy means being noticed, Ye knows exactly what he's doing.

100% yes, please.

"People on here don't like me because I'm a moron, guess I should invite more of my autistic 'friends' with ADHD over from other forums to give me support."

No need to use autistic negatively. But these kids are annoying and I don't even loathe millennial lingo like a lot of the people my age here.

100% yes, please.

"People on here don't like me because I'm a moron, guess I should invite more of my autistic 'friends' with ADHD over from other forums to give me support."

Wow. Go fuck yourself dude. I work with about a dozen adults/one teen with autism. I am their fucking friend. You should be fuckin' ashamed of yourself.