Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

nardes

Those lines are actually fairly genius if you stop to think about it. In the year 2016, I really can't think of any word that rhymes with "asshole" better than "asshole". I've scoured lists and exhausted vocabulary, and I challenge you to do the same.

Aside from being a perfect match for syllables and flow, the use of "asshole" is specifically two-fold in the verse: it acts as a figurative, anatomical asshole (anus, noun) in the second line, and as a deplorable individual (jerk, adjective) in the fourth.

The use of the word "bleach" in lines 2 and 3 may initially seem redundant and uninspired in such close proximity, but this is clearly Kanye's craft in full swing: "bleach" gets used as a verb and a noun, back to back, because the mastermind wants to drive home the imagery. Bleach is here. Bleach is now.

Perfect rhyme scheme and two double meanings in the same verse? It's true when Kanye said this wasn't album of the year, but album of the life. Fuck.

thanks for the copypasta, I hope this becomes a meme

seriously though why aren't more people talking about how Ultralight Beam is one of the best rap songs of 2016? (so far)

The extreme tonal shift from Graduation to 808s is unlike any artist that I can think of - at least in terms of back to back albums. The extreme emotions conveyed with the unconventional production that proved to be a guidebook for a lot of music nowadays is not to be taken lightly. Seeing him sell out two back to back shows at the Hollywood Bowl last year JUST playing this album is proof.

Just wondering how you afforded tix to that show considering 3 weeks prior you made a thread on the FS board groveling about how you lost your job.

That's genuinely none of your business but thanks for asking

Translation: you lied about losing your job because it sounded better than "Please help me afford tix to a Kanye West show". Then you assumed VC members would be gullible enough to believe it and offer sympathy prices.

Translation: you lied about losing your job because it sounded better than "Please help me afford tix to a Kanye West show". Then you assumed VC members would be gullible enough to believe it and offer sympathy prices.

Man, you guys are so fucking bitter. 

What you said is 100% wrong and yet you got two upvotes. This site is fucking scary sometimes.

Rather than jump to the conclusion that I could have made an irresponsible purchase, weighing the one time opportunity to see one of my favorite albums live vs the immediate minor debt I would accrue, you equate me to someone who's trying to hoodwink the board with a made up story like some kind of sociopath.

Turn the mirror around. 

Doesn't he literally use the follower / swallower rhyme on Yeezus, too? I legitimately do not understand why everyone praises him as a lyricist. His production skills are definitely adequate, but the hype this guy generates is vastly unwarranted as a whole. Sorry.

To be fair he generally isn't praised as a lyricist. He's praised as a producer. Personally I think he's got some good lyrics, and I think lots of MBDTF showed that, but generally his lyrics are subpar. I listen to Kanye because his production is generally way better than most other rappers. And I way prefer a song that I enjoy sonically than one I prefer for the lyrics. 

Plus his voice doesn't piss me off, unlike all these new rappers that are getting big. 

Doesn't he literally use the follower / swallower rhyme on Yeezus, too? I legitimately do not understand why everyone praises him as a lyricist. His production skills are definitely adequate, but the hype this guy generates is vastly unwarranted as a whole. Sorry.

"see there's leaders and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower"

I believe that's the line off of Yeezuz