Shipping Now: Matt Pryor/Gates split 7"

and it's up guys! http://overduecollection.limitedrun.com/products/540365-burn-bright-vol-1-gates-matt-pryor-split-7

Shout out to my boy Mike, working hard and going non-profit. I love Overdue.

From the Overdue Collective e-mail:

To celebrate Overdue's new status as a 501©(3) charitable organization, we've teamed up with Gates and Matt Pryor to produce a superb split 7". The split is entitled Burn Bright Vol. 1, our first release of original material.

Each artist and associated labels graciously donated use of the songs, free of licensing fees. (Artists are still being paid mechanical royalties.)

Initially, we intended to release this split as a benefit for Overdue to celebrate our new charitable status. However - over the course of production and discussing it with the artists - we realized needed to continue our mission of donating to worthy organizations.

In addition to commemorating our status as a 501 ©(3), 50% of the profits for this release will benefit two other charitable organizations. Both charities support survivors of sexual assault: The East Los Angeles Women's Center and RAINN. Please head to their respective websites to make direct donations or to find out how you can help.

There are 5 variants in total, 3 are exclusive to the webstore. Gates and Matt Pryor have their own versions, which will be available on their respective tours. Here's the pressing information:

• 50 Black with Numbered Fire Extinguisher tags. (Exclusive to Overdue)
  • 75 Black with Numbered Fire Extinguisher tags, (Exclusive to Gates)
  • 75 Black with Numbered Fire Extinguisher tags. (Exclusive to Matt Pryor)
  • 328 Black
  • 550 Clear

The split starts a $6, but you can name your own price above that if you choose.

Looks like this is being announced today (pre-order tomorrow)

There will be additional variants.

Also, I have never heard Gates before, but I realllly like their track on this. I definitely need to check out more.

Also, I have never heard Gates before, but I realllly like their track on this. I definitely need to check out more.

They are such a great band, def check out their stuff!

u definitely need to

I've known about this release FOREVER, but kept quiet for Mike's sake. He's such a good dude, and he really does work super hard to make these OCA releases special. Kevin from Gates actually reached out to Overdue after the Land of Lost Monsters came out to work on this split, which is pretty freaking great.