Pinback - Blue Screen Life reissue

I've always heard of but never heard Pinback before. My 19 month old is named Penelope and I was made aware of the song now I love it. But that is the only song I know.

Fun fact, Penelope is about his pet fish that died. Listen to the lyrics again and it makes a world of sense, ha. It's one of the few Pinback songs that are actually about something specific.

Its a waste of material first of all. As far as I'm concerned, at least. I don't find any attribute of the extra thickness to be useful in my experience with extra thick records and I find flimsy records more aesthetically pleasing to the touch and sight. I think its because thinner records make the format harken back moreso to the physical LP's from the 70's and 80's and even early to mid 90's which were generally very thin and there's something about it that makes me happy. Weird, right?

And it certainly doesn't prevent warping as some will claim. I doubt that it even makes it less likely to occur and when and if it does a occur on a thick record its even harder to flatten out due to all the extra material strengthening the warp.

Often times 180g records are not left to cool for the longer period of time they need, so warping can actually happen more often with them. Or so I've heard.

The other thing is, whether 180g or not, the grooves are the exact same. It's mostly a marketing gimmick so they can label it "audiophile." I have plenty of regular weight albums that outperform the 180g albums I own.

Often times 180g records are not left to cool for the longer period of time they need, so warping can actually happen more often with them. Or so I've heard.

The other thing is, whether 180g or not, the grooves are the exact same. It's mostly a marketing gimmick so they can label it "audiophile." I have plenty of regular weight albums that outperform the 180g albums I own.

Exactly. I love my super thin Jesus Lizard original presses. And when you put them on and hear all that power coming out of a flimsy ass sheet of vinyl, it makes the experience that much more gratifying. It does for me anyway.

I think last year 1400ish stores participated. If there's 1500 copies you should be able to grab one just about anywhere. I'm lucky to live in a big city where there is a record store in any direction, so if the day comes and anyone needs me to grab you a copy I'd be happy to help out.

I think last year 1400ish stores participated. If there's 1500 copies you should be able to grab one just about anywhere. I'm lucky to live in a big city where there is a record store in any direction, so if the day comes and anyone needs me to grab you a copy I'd be happy to help out.

I hope to grab a copy here in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up an original copy of this on blue wax from eBay today. NM condition on vinyl and jacket, for $60. Even with the reissue coming out I figured that was a pretty solid deal. Does anyone know anything about the sound quality on the originals? All Pinback's other stuff sounds fantastic on vinyl but this is an older pressing...