Pinback - Blue Screen Life reissue

I was quite pleased to see how many copies of this Stinkweeds had. I was about #60 in line, and by the time I got in, there were still easily 8 copies or so still unclaimed. They must've gotten 10-12 copies.

yeah I like them more than Zia for rsd since Zia has to spread copies across all stores. We asked our friend who runs the Tempe Zia about the Fall record and he said each location got one copy. Stinkweeds had about 4 when we grabbed one. They had a ton of the S/T Pinback a few years ago as well. They're so damn friendly there too, Kimber is a badass.

The store I went to had it at 27.99 which was a little high, but I made myself go for not. Helped me decide that I grabbed the last one there.

Sadly that seems to be around the msrp for this one. If the label would just do normal pressings of these records I'm sure they could price them reasonably but noooooo  :rolleyes:

Sadly that seems to be around the msrp for this one. If the label would just do normal pressings of these records I'm sure they could price them reasonably but noooooo :rolleyes:

Right?

Still don't have a copy of SiA. Should grab one soon just so I have the 3 I care about from them.

I skipped RSD and now am bummed that I missed this. I forgot about it being repressed.

Go go go $33 but free shipping so you're only getting gouged a little bit. http://www.amoeba.com/blue-screen-life-record-store-day-lp-pinback/albums/2868717/

Edit: Fuck my bad it literally just sold out.

Ah dang, I saw that in another thread and barely missed it. No big deal. I think I might head out to some stores in a bit and scour leftovers. That Alanis Morrissette demo album is calling my name B)

Angelos on Broadway. It was my first RSD here in denver. Any tips for future ones?

well my mom moved there about 5 years ago so I've never done rsd, just shop when I visit. I like Angelo's though I've found lots of great used stuff there. Twist and Shout rocks though, their selection is massive

well my mom moved there about 5 years ago so I've never done rsd, just shop when I visit. I like Angelo's though I've found lots of great used stuff there. Twist and Shout rocks though, their selection is massive

I used to be a big twist and shout supporter but their pricing is above msrp these days and their used pricing is like new and anything out of print is jacked up. Used to be a great store. Much cheaper online than their pricing

Wax trax is my goto.

You can also find some great used stuff at black and read in arvada.

I used to be a big twist and shout supporter but their pricing is above msrp these days and their used pricing is like new and anything out of print is jacked up. Used to be a great store. Much cheaper online than their pricing

Wax trax is my goto.

You can also find some great used stuff at black and read in arvada.

I noticed this last year. Any in print used stuff was like $2 less than a new copy. It's been a while since I've been to Wax Trax, I need to diversify some more next time I visit.

I noticed this last year. Any in print used stuff was like $2 less than a new copy. It's been a while since I've been to Wax Trax, I need to diversify some more next time I visit.

They had a 7 inch used for 10.95. New in store for 5.95. It explained it all

Plus they gave me a hard time once about a warped and scatched record. Not a fan of them anymore

Here's each variant's Side A for comparison.

The new RSD16 variant is certainly the heaviest press. I can't say it's 180g for certain, but it's gotta be 160g+ easy (looks like it was announced that the repress was 180g for sure) (I would guess the OG presses are 140g range).

The new press makes the others feel flimsy by comparison.

I haven't had a chance to sit there and spin and compare presses yet, but I can see that the new press has new runouts and appears to be from new plates.

Of course the other big difference IMO is that the new press has full color center labels. Looks slick all around.

If you're unfortunate enough to have to turn to flippers to get a copy of this, I would suggest the newest pressing for all of the above differences. It appears as if 2nd hand prices for these are already at the OG-price level. Just sayin.

oJUdewA.jpg