All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

6 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Same problem.  Really annoying.  Can't figure out how to fix it.

Firebrand have responded to someone on Echoing the Sound and suggested using 7Zip [not software I'm familiar with]. Hope that helps

16 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I downloaded The Fragile zip file via the email from NIN today. Only had the option to  download all files types, which was 6.2 gbs in size. Couldn't just select FLAC or wav. Anyways, I cannot extract the files. Peazip is throwing errors at me. I am trying to download the file again, in case the original was corrupted, but anyone else having this issue with The Fragile?

See the post just above this. Hope it helps.

25 minutes ago, archiced said:

Same problems with Deviation. zip files corrupted

By the way, I pre-order the new EP and Deviations, received two separate mails with the same link. Impossible to download the new EP !

You seem to be having a different issue to virtually everyone else! Over on ETS most people have NTAE but very few people have Deviations and are struggling to get a response out of Firebrand.

When I downloaded my The Fragile files it said corrupted against all. I wanted to MP3's [since that's what my car will play] but they wouldn't extract and said it was corrupted but when I tried the FLAC files they also said corrupted by did actually extract another zip [I suspect this might be the problem - a zip in a zip] with the files in so I have converted them to MP3. It's a ballache but it works.

16 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

While this sounds nice its kinda weird that the article is full of citations and direct quotes EXCEPT where it states the full album and tour. 

On the NIN subreddit someone confirmed there will be two major NIN projects in 2017 and they are in discussions for touring.  

That came from the Beats1 interview.

40 minutes ago, highfives said:

215 copies of The Fragile left.

After like 5 days of trying to cancel my initial order of Deviations so I could save on shipping for them both, I said fuck it and just ordered it separately.  Trying to get shit resolved with Firebrand is impossible.

Agreed. I had a second order of Deviations happen by mistake during the initial rush to order and haven't heard back about how to handle it.  Not a huge thing and I'm sure they're just swamped, but even a form email would be great. 

8 minutes ago, jacobe said:

Agreed. I had a second order of Deviations happen by mistake during the initial rush to order and haven't heard back about how to handle it.  Not a huge thing and I'm sure they're just swamped, but even a form email would be great. 

I was doing a back and forth through email for about 4 days where I'd ask a question (initially about combining orders), then every other day they'd send a reply.  Yesterday I got them on Twitter and while I got a response, I didn't get any real action.  Then last night I told them to forget it and like 5 minutes later I got a reply that said they could cancel the order.  I told them to go for it and there has been radio silence since!  So I said fuck it and placed another order.  

But knowing how this has been, they'll probably end up actually cancelling my Deviations order with the cheaper shipping option now even though I told them to forget about cancelling.

Edited by highfives

7 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Has anyone successfully extracted Deviations? I can't get anything out of the file. This is really frustrating

No, and I've followed the "guide" they provided which is a dude on Reddit telling you a 7zip workaround extraction.  Every time it says invalid compression method.

25 minutes ago, highfives said:

No, and I've followed the "guide" they provided which is a dude on Reddit telling you a 7zip workaround extraction.  Every time it says invalid compression method.

Same here. I tried a different method and was able to get the files out. Here is what I did:

• Open with WinRAR
  • Tools -> Repair Archive (treat archive as zip)
  • Open new rebuilt zip archive
  • Extract

I still got one overall corrupt archive message, but all the files extracted. Listening now to make sure the files are intact.