PO: David Bowie - ChangesOneBowie Clear or Black?

I still don't get the appeal of "best of" albums.

I find this one particularly good. I have many of the albums from his early era, and will gladly throw on Ziggy Stardust or Aladdin Sane, but sometimes I want to just hear the hits, and this album does a great job of putting them all together. I really don't like his first album (Space Oddity) other than the title track, so I like having it on this.

Yeah I already have this too. It's a great collection. If you are staying away b/c it is a best of, that's not a good reason. This and the cure's standing on a beach are 2 albums that for me don't matter that they are best of, because I love every song

I'm more staying away because I own most of the albums that contain these songs, and enjoy the rest of the albums equally as much as the hits. That said, I guess I can see how it would appeal to a lot of people, especially if they're fans of very limited specific tracks off of certain albums.

• 4 weeks later...

It's up on the US store now if anyone's interested, it's a 50% 50% split for Clear/Black and it's random too. http://store.davidbowie.com/music-2/vinyl/changesonebowie-40th-anniversary-lp.html

Nice, I figured it would be up on the U.S. site eventually. I ordered the UK (I usually do)