PO Now: Temple of the Dog - 25th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue

I know this is more of a thread for the re-issue, but since I know the real fans are here I will say this.

If anyone has an extra ticket to the reunion show at MSG for next month please message me.  Im dying to go to this show, but refuse to pay stubhub prices.  $150 for a nose bleed.  Yikes   Willing to pay cash or trades.  

3 minutes ago, psus2h said:

FWIW I plugged the UPC into a web search and got zero hits.  It doesn't look like this is going to get a wide release outside of this promotion.  I wonder how collectible this'll become.   

All I know is if the only downside of this single LP is it's lower in volume than the 2xLP pressings, I'll be super happy.   As much as I'm down for better audio quality, I'm also into single LPs.  Definitely when Side D is an etching.

Edited by highfives

So after one listen, I think my only complaint is there is a small amount of surface noise at the beginning of the B Side.  I've only dry cleaned it, so this may clear up if and when I can do a wet clean, but the surface noise is quite minimal and not really that noticeable.  The A Side is pretty much dead quiet.  It does get pretty tight at the end of the A side though, there really isn't much dead wax, but no IGD that I noticed.

The LP is standard weight, probably 140 gram.  The package is fucking bare bones like others have mentioned - no lyric sheet, the sleeve is pretty lightweight stock, but for $18 with a retail packaged CD, it's the best deal for this record to date.  I held off on buying this LP for a long time because of the price point, so this is really nice.   

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, highfives said:

I'd guess the only reason they put "while supplies last" is marketing hype.  I doubt they made more LP promoted CD packaging than they made actual LPs considering this does seem to be a special pressing for this promotion.

Or for someone who buys this in three years and tries to redeem to LP. 

3 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Much to my surprise, Bullmoose shipped my mispriced double LP reissue and only charged my card $10. I should be getting it on Monday.

Mine got cancelled because my bank gave me a new debit card since I ordered it.  I doubt they will honor the price if I ask.

I was sick and didn't pick up my copy yet. When I get it, I'll be able to give thoughts on the new 2LP vs MOV vs new 1LP. 

I dont really feel its it's as simple as a SQ comparison considering the new releases are remixes, there are going to be differences from the source.

Edited by kannibal

14 minutes ago, psus2h said:

So how does this 2xLP compare to the MOV 2xLP reissue?

This is the information I want to know. I already have two different purple MOV copies and only want this new one if there is some obvious sound difference. I can't imagine how it could sound better than the MOV versions, but if it actually sounds like a different mix then it will be worth the space on my crowded shelves.