WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So cool to see a Horror reissue label in the U.S.  Any other good ones I should know about besides these guys and Mondo??? Im a fan of the europeans like Death Waltz and One Way Static too.

Yup. Strange Disc, Lunaris, and Terror Vision off the top of my head. All in their infancies, but promising. I'm sure to be leaving some out.

Can't wait for this. Waxwork said on Facebook that they've been given access to a bunch of archival photos and concept art for the packaging. May the hand of Saul Bass guide them in designing the LP jacket.

edit: Assuming this is the cover art...

nX9Blae.jpg

It is, Ratty. Killian Eng has done a full package design for the release. Not sure which variant I'll go for if any. Black might be my choice just to ensure I've the highest fidelity. Such a cool score and film.

0406ff49-a9ee-472c-90ed-d4301a508755.jpg

Never before released in any format, Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the pre order of the PHASE IV Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Pre orders begin on Friday, February 20th via Waxwork Records official website.

Available on 180 gram Black vinyl, Toxic Blue Haze vinyl, and 100% Yellow vinyl. Subscription holders will automatically receive 180 gram "Celestial Event" Red with Yellow splatter vinyl.
Housed in a heavyweight Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket with satin finish. Also comes with a 12 page booklet featuring never before seen production photos, conceptual art, and liner notes by Sean Savage of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Full package artwork has been created by Kilian Eng. This item is a pre order and will ship in March.

Current stock showing as:

87 - Blue Haze

127 - Black

650 - Yellow

But they could always bump the numbers up later.. wish there was some mockups of these colors at least..

Thanks for the numbers, Kief. I'd've loved mockups as well, but I sort of feel for these labels. If the mockups are inaccurate, we will grouse and if they don't have them we are a bit reticent to commit. Totally understandable on both ends of course.

Another thought: perhaps the scarcity of mockups lately has been an attempt to compensate for the industry-wide pressing delays. If a label has a pressing plant they feel they can trust, perhaps it is easier just to approve the test press and not worry about approving or receiving variant mockups as the latter would add to the overall wait time. I don't know this to be true; just spitballing.