WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

I wish the entire movie had the tone of that scene. That scene rules and the frozen head kill was alright, but the rest of the movie was like a Sci-Fi Channel original movie and I couldn't stand it.

That movie drags so much ass but the gimmick is funny, I hate 8 for the same reason, it should be called Jason goes on a field trip, fucker is barely in Manhattan. 

1318521000711.gif

I WANTED TO HATE IT SO BADLY BUT IT RULED

Seriously, there's like a whole Friday the 13th movie just in the cold open. Plus, Michael Bay got pissed and stormed out of the premiere because there was too much sex and that's hilarious.

That movie drags so much ass but the gimmick is funny, I hate 8 for the same reason, it should be called Jason goes on a field trip, fucker is barely in Manhattan. 

For some reason I can't bring myself to hate Takes Manhattan. I always want to rank it in the shit tier, but there's a lot of it that's hilarious and fun. Like Jason just walking past dozens and dozens of people he could murder when he's in Manhattan because he's chasing the teenagers from Crystal Lake.

Absolutely love the movie series!

Favorites: 1-4, 6

Ok: 7, Freddy v. Jason, Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X

Shit: 5, 8, Remake

Way back when they first came out on DVD my friends & I had a marathon in the video editing lab at our university where people were welcome to stop in and watch some. On the board we had score card that counted up kills, boob shots, and defenestration (people being thrown out a window) for each movie. It was so much fun!

Seriously, there's like a whole Friday the 13th movie just in the cold open. Plus, Michael Bay got pissed and stormed out of the premiere because there was too much sex and that's hilarious.

For some reason I can't bring myself to hate Takes Manhattan. I always want to rank it in the shit tier, but there's a lot of it that's hilarious and fun. Like Jason just walking past dozens and dozens of people he could murder when he's in Manhattan because he's chasing the teenagers from Crystal Lake.

Not enough  of the type of explosions he likes. I enjoyed the remake. 

I mean it def wasnt a terrible flick & it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Guess I couldnt get over how totally pointless it was. Felt like a cash grab.

Does anyone have the blu-ray box set? I have the DVD boxset and never upgraded because the general consensus I heard was that it was overpriced and didn't offer enough incentive (ie the uncut international versions of the films) to make it worthwhile if you already owned them in some form.

I mean it def wasnt a terrible flick & it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Guess I couldnt get over how totally pointless it was. Felt like a cash grab.

Every Friday the 13th sequel was a cash grab though. They were cheap to make and guaranteed to turn a profit in just the first 3 days of release. The remake was solid and a lot of fun. The sex scene where the dude just keeps saying stuff like "Your tits are ridiculous" was hilarious. Best gratuitous sex scene of the series.

Does anyone have the blu-ray box set? I have the DVD boxset and never upgraded because the general consensus I heard was that it was overpriced and didn't offer enough incentive (ie the uncut international versions of the films) to make it worthwhile if you already owned them in some form.

I don't have it, but my buddy bought it and gave me the digital download code. If you can get it that way it's 10/10. It's definitely too expensive though. I don't like the Saw movies, but they're releasing the entire series on a bluray pack for like $20. Nightmare on Elm Street blu collection is like half of what the Ft13th set goes for too. I'd say you're good with the DVDs.

This! I loved 8... :ph34r:

Thats true. Damn you for being logical!

I take horror movies very seriously, but sometimes you gotta put things in perspective.

So, I have today and tomorrow off. There are 18.5 hours of Friday the 13th (including Freddy vs Jason and the remake). I think I can do this. It's 12 hours if I only watch 1-8, that'll be the back up plan. Will need to fetch beer at some point.

I take horror movies very seriously, but sometimes you gotta put things in perspective.

So, I have today and tomorrow off. There are 18.5 hours of Friday the 13th (including Freddy vs Jason and the remake). I think I can do this. It's 12 hours if I only watch 1-8, that'll be the back up plan. Will need to fetch beer at some point.

I've done the marathon before. Even the shittiest of the series (5) I get a perverse kick out of.

One of my best friends is in town from Australia for the day and wants me to go to lunch at 2 pst, which means I'll likely miss this drop now after waking up early to make sure I got some work finished to clear some time so that I was on at 8 or 9 this morning for it. 

Thanks for failing, technology! Why am I constructing my plans around a record release? Ugh!

I've done the marathon before. Even the shittiest of the series (5) I get a preverse kick out of.

I've actually marathoned the series before too, but a little more reasonably spread out over a few days. 5 is really bad but even it has some stuff I enjoy. I dislike 9 and 10 the most. Goes to Hell starts out with a fucking awesome scene and then quickly descends into absolute shit. Demon parasite worm thing? What the fuck?

Seeing a screening of the first one at a 35mm fest was so much fucking fun. It was a print of the X-rated cut too! It was preceded by Day of the Dead, Phantasm, and few weird obscure films.

I've actually marathoned the series before too, but a little more reasonably spread out over a few days. 5 is really bad but even it has some stuff I enjoy. I dislike 9 and 10 the most. Goes to Hell starts out with a fucking awesome scene and then quickly descends into absolute shit. Demon parasite worm thing? What the fuck?

Yeah I fully admit JGTH is garbage...but theres something about it I love. Maybe its just the nostalgia hard-on I have for it. It's so nonsensical & doesn't give a fuck.

Seeing a screening of the first one at a 35mm fest was so much fucking fun. It was a print of the X-rated cut too! It was preceded by Day of the Dead, Phantasm, and few weird obscure films.

That would be rad to see in that medium. Its awesome they finally released at least the 1st uncut on DVD/Blu but to see it in 35mm w/ a bunch of people has gotta be awesome.