Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

On 11/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, mrewest said:

That new Maybeshewill kicks all kinds of ass.  Exceeded all expectations.

lotta people not liking it on the Facebook boards, actually.  I think it's fine/good....  Invincible Summer and the Weight of Light are my favorites.  Wish it had more guitars, the violin-in-every-song thing just isn't what I'm looking for from them.  I still like it though!

On 11/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, drds89 said:

They can do no wrong with opener selection, but during the tour with Junius in 2013, when they opened with Of Foam And Wave in Chapel Hill NC, I was literally brought to tears. Have had & still have plenty of goosebump /ASMR reactions to music, some tracks every time, but tears... a rare occurrence.

I was a sobbing mess when they finally did the Trilogy in Boston.  Incredible.  Same with Sycamore. 

I believe The End of the Ocean did it to me too at Dunk! USA. 

While not post-rock, we went and saw Dying Fetus a couple weeks ago with Terror supporting, and their style of no-nonsense hardcore brought me right back to being 15/16 at VFW halls and it was a completely unexpected overwhelming flood of nostalgia. 

On 11/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

lotta people not liking it on the Facebook boards, actually.  I think it's fine/good....  Invincible Summer and the Weight of Light are my favorites.  Wish it had more guitars, the violin-in-every-song thing just isn't what I'm looking for from them.  I still like it though!

I was a sobbing mess when they finally did the Trilogy in Boston.  Incredible.  Same with Sycamore. 

I believe The End of the Ocean did it to me too at Dunk! USA. 

While not post-rock, we went and saw Dying Fetus a couple weeks ago with Terror supporting, and their style of no-nonsense hardcore brought me right back to being 15/16 at VFW halls and it was a completely unexpected overwhelming flood of nostalgia. 

I’ve heard a few people complain about the strings.  I don’t get it at all.  It works so well here imo.  The mix of epic heavy guitars/electronics is balanced out perfectly with the strings.  I dunno this is just one of those albums that clicked immediately for me & keeps getting better the more I listen.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, mrewest said:

I’ve heard a few people complain about the strings.  I don’t get it at all.  It works so well here imo.  The mix of epic heavy guitars/electronics is balanced out perfectly with the strings.  I dunno this is just one of those albums that clicked immediately for me & keeps getting better the more I listen.

oh i mean it sounds great, it just gets a bit samey for me there. 

23 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Snagged a Baulta test press through A Thousand Arms. One left and one Dust Moth at the moment if anyone’s interested. 

https://www.athousandarms.com/collections/test-pressings

I spent a lot of money yesterday haha.  So many heavy hitters on sale - EF, Sleepmakeswaves, PG.Lost, Leech, Astodan, Appalaches, Of the Vine, etc etc.  Stuff that should be in every collection!