VinylMario

Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

On 7/2/2018 at 6:00 PM, coreystevens88 said:

Svart Records is repressing Demilich's 'Nespithe' as well as a demo comp 'Em9t2ness of van2s1ing / V34ish6ng 0f emptiness'  - it looks like these two together equal the '20th Adversary of Emptiness' comp box that Svart released in 2014!  I am ridiculously hyped for these

https://www.svartrecords.com/?s=Demilich

Anyone get Nespithe in? I don't remember when these were supposed to ship. 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, monsterrod said:

Nice! Thanks!

update - got shipping notification, my copies should arrive Monday!  Time to place a new order from Svart for Skepticism 'Stormcrowfleet' and the Convulse 'World Without God' repress.

Edited by coreystevens88

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

update - got shipping notification, my copies should arrive Monday!  Time to place a new order from Svart for Skepticism 'Stormcrowfleet' and the Convulse 'World Without God' repress.

I do enjoy funeral doom, Is that a worthy album to check out?

3 hours ago, ephemeral said:

I do enjoy funeral doom, Is that a worthy album to check out?

If you aren't familiar with Skepticism I would definitely check out 'Stormcrowfleet.'  I know that four-chord riffs that last the entirety of a 10 minute song aren't everyone's cup of tea, but this album should be heard by anyone who is a fan of funeral doom

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

I'm still giving it to Profound Lore

They sure put out some good records, but I’ve never experienced service as bad as theirs. Basically, ever since they relocated the EU store from the Netherlands to Germany, it has been impossible to order anything from them. You can place an order, of course, but actually receiving it is a different matter. So for now I’m just buying from 20bs, Relapse etc, until that whole PL mess is sorted out. 

Edited by Jim Steele

6 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

They sure put out some good records, but I’ve never experienced service as bad as theirs. Basically, ever since they relocated the EU store from the Netherlands to Germany, it has been impossible to order anything from them. You can place an order, of course, but actually receiving it is a different matter. So for now I’m just buying from 20bs, Relapse etc, until that whole PL mess is sorted out. 

That's unfortunate - never have ANY issues with the U.S. PF Merchtable store.

It really is a coin flip though between PFR and 20BS for top 2018 releases:

Profound Lore 2018: Portal, Chthe'ilist, Wayfarer, Innumerable Forms,  Of Feather And Bone, and a couple more I haven't heard.

20 Buck Spin: Mournful Congregation, Ghastly, Tomb Mold,  Scorched, Extremity, Superstition, Khemmis, Ulthar, Deadbird

Pick your poison, can't go wrong!

15 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

What releases do you recommend?  I've only gotten OPOWIS and the Mouth of the Architect represses from them this year.

We Lost The Sea is excellent, but not typical fodder for here. Departure Songs is another level. Their repress of The Galilean Satellites is pretty okay if you have $50 to drop on 4 LPs.

42 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

What releases do you recommend?  I've only gotten OPOWIS and the Mouth of the Architect represses from them this year.

Sentiment by Un

IV by Grayceon

It's Hard To Have Hope by Svalbard

Devoured by Amarok

The only one I don't have on vinyl is Svalbard.

Edited by Battra
Got the Un title wrong.

49 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

Amarok and UN are heavy releases for this year.

There is also some gret repress, like YLVA, Rosetta...

And don't forget the new A Storm of Light !

Edited by archiced