The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

yeah but could you imagine how awesome it'd be if they did the Sword of Azrael mini series...Azrael would be fucking insane to see ...the ethical struggle of lethal violence would be a good serious story too, but you'd almost need Oracle and some of the other peripheral characters...I agree the way that Nolan is doing these, a Robin character would never work because the Bale version of Batman would never allow anyone to do what he does...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a minor villain in the next one-

Maybe Mr. Zazz? He is realistic and fits well with the new darker tones of the movies. His showdown with Batman at the catholic girl’s school in the Batman: Knightfall novelization was great.

I've always been a fan of Zazz, plus he was mentioned by name during the trial in the first one when Crane is on the stand.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':756bbb9p]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':756bbb9p]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I was surprised Harvery Dent was dead as I thought he'd be around for the next movie but I think bringing him back somehow wouldn't work too well.

As for the Riddler, I flipped by to see Batman Forever with Kilmer and realized where the Riddler comes from. I too agree, the Riddler could be setup for the next picture or the one after that, assuming there is a fourth, which there should be. I don't think you would run out of Batman storylines for years and years. Plus the way the movies have been playing its not like people will get typecast too badly. Bale plays a very dark, cinematic character not some cheesey comic book character.

I say make them until you come to some kind of logical conclusion or Batman dies. No Robin because if Bale won't do the movies they'll be far less interesting. And I don't really think Robin adds anything.

Is there story precedent anywhere for doing something with the Mayor? The way that character is played it seems like he's on the edge of being a "bad guy."

you guys are thinking small. ive come up with three wildly different takes they could do with the sequel.

-first off, the easy out.

Its no secret that daniel day-lewis is an incredible actor, and him dedicating his oscar to ledger i think is some sort of nod to him... maybe he'll either take the joker role or become the riddler.

-then we have a character a little bit more interesting, ventriloquist and scarface. to those who dont know him, hes basically a villian with split personalities, and in the tone of the nolan batman's he would fit perfectly with the audience wondering in suspense if the puppet is actually sentient or not... agian, daniel day-lewis looks like the only actor skilled enough to play someone with multiple personalities.

- then theres one last villian that could be made, albeit a little less realistic, and that would be clayface. theres been a couple different versions of him, but i think the animated series one was the best. since in that incarnation of him he was force-fed expiramental make-up, nolan could easily have him burned alive in a car or something with that expiramental makeup fusing with his skin because of the intense heat, making his skin into.. i dont know, something.

just some thoughts.

I want to know how he got the damn scars for real. I was hoping that was coming at some point.

I also think Daniel-Day Lewis could be an awesome Mr. Freeze if they wanted to go that route. If they want to stick with the more realistic stuff, well honestly they blew that with the first one. The first one was definitely a bit more magical in some parts with Raz. But I think Lewis would make any character awesome.

I'm glad that Nolan chose to not disclose anything about the Joker's background. No absolute origin and how he really got the scars. It leaves the mystery and adds more intensity to his psycopathic behavior.

True, its just nice knowing. That said maybe knowing would have brought about more sympathy for the character, which wouldn't have been warranted. There's also a distinct possibility they were going to explain it at a later date in another movie.