Jump to content
gazzo

PO : Presidents Of The United States Of America - S/T

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, PUSA HQ (Jason) said:

I think it sounds great! Listened to TPs last weekend. I notice there's a slight pushback on Vlado's bona fides. seems crazy to me...discuss!

Thats good to hear, I have ordered and look forward to receiving my copy soon. It is a cool album and you guys certainly represent a time and place for me in the mid 90's and I am glad you have made this happen.  There is a bit of discusion on Vlado's work here:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/189744-Vlado-Meller

My worst experience of his mastering was on one of my very favourite albums, RATM's self titled XX reissue . Simply a diabolical and pointless sonic mess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PUSA HQ (Jason) said:

AMA, and I'll be around next week to answer anything! 

The first two PUSA albums were the first music I can remember where I had to get my own copies because I borrowed my brother's so many times that he got frustrated he never had them. Then our younger brother had to get his own because he kept borrowing mine. So there were at least 3 copies of each of your albums in our house when we were growing up. This isn't really a question, just a fun memory I felt like sharing; thanks for the music, can't wait to finally spin this after all these years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excited to get my hands on this, I've repeatedly talked myself out of spanish pressing with Clinton on the cover (which would still be cool to have but too $$$ for me). the is one of my all-time favourite albums from that era and solid front to back (Harvey Danger's WHATMMG? is my other essential mid-90s seattle rock record that I thankfully have a vinyl copy of), its so weird to me that it's slept on and people don't understand how great a record it is, only having heard Peaches and maybe Lump when I talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

excited to get my hands on this, I've repeatedly talked myself out of spanish pressing with Clinton on the cover (which would still be cool to have but too $$$ for me). the is one of my all-time favourite albums from that era and solid front to back (Harvey Danger's WHATMMG? is my other essential mid-90s seattle rock record that I thankfully have a vinyl copy of), its so weird to me that it's slept on and people don't understand how great a record it is, only having heard Peaches and maybe Lump when I talk about it.

I was young in the 90s (87 rep-uh-zent)  and saw the video for Peaches on The Box. Didn't care one way or the other, but I heard some other song (don't recall) on a compilation and was impressed. So, I checked out the album. It's good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to imagine, especially with the band being located in Seattle, that this is going to be delayed. This is totally understandable, I'd never expect people to crowd into a distro center to send me my precious records at a time like this. That being said: it was nice getting the confirmation email this morning that the project was funded!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

I have to imagine, especially with the band being located in Seattle, that this is going to be delayed. This is totally understandable, I'd never expect people to crowd into a distro center to send me my precious records at a time like this. That being said: it was nice getting the confirmation email this morning that the project was funded!

Everything is being made in Athens, GA. I don't know if it was completed or not, but they had 2 confirmed cases as of yesterday. I imagine the production grinded to a halt if it was still ongoing. 25 years later, what's a few months, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Thanks for the heads up.  If anyone decides they don't want it, or they pop up again for sale, can someone update this thread?

I'll do my best. I'm teleteaching, so I'm usually at my computer/ email at any given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email tonight with a download code for the album, said it will ship soon.

 

Also this bit about add-on items being sold out. Not sure if that means there will be no extra copies of the LP:

 

All add-on items have now been sold. As we said in our add-on email, extras were sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. We are sorry if you didn't get a chance to add stuff to your order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, simple_torture said:

Got an email tonight with a download code for the album, said it will ship soon.

 

Also this bit about add-on items being sold out. Not sure if that means there will be no extra copies of the LP:

 

All add-on items have now been sold. As we said in our add-on email, extras were sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. We are sorry if you didn't get a chance to add stuff to your order.

I wasn't certain, but because both signed and unsigned LPs were an option like the shirt or pin, I assumed that meant it's sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Mine has been stuck in pre-shipment for a week :(

 

If you're looking to buy, they've started to pop up on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/The-Presidents-Of-The-United-States-Of-America-The-Presidents-Of-The-United-States-Of-America/release/14976578

 

 

Lol at me paying $120 for a just released LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×