MLB Discussion

last two months his command started to slip, but you remove the blowout game against the cubs that he gave up a 3run HR in the 9th on august 1st, his era was 2.60 over the last two months with a 9 k/9 rate and 5 saves.  the PIRATES in general got real soft towards the end of the season, he was put in games just to have him pitch and not save situations.

yeah, and to be clear, Hanny never lost velocity on his pitches, he was still 96-98 MPH, he just wasnt locating as well as he had been in june/july when the pirates were on a tear.  The pirates in general were just flat out a mess in august and september, hanrahan was one of the few pieces that, when called upon to save a game, he did.  it just rarely happened in those final months.

I just kinda assume that Hanrahan is gonna suck now or get injured, just because it happened to Melancon and Bailey last year.

Man, do the Dodger's look stacked. I know you could say "if so and so steps up" about every team in the MLB, but if Dee Gordon can be a good table-setter and Carl Crawford is half the player he was in Tampa, that is the best team in the NL. Rotation and bullpen are full of good arms, the only glaring hole in the lineup is Mark Ellis at 2B and he is serviceable. Plus, they have arguably the best hitter and best pitcher in the National League.

Torii Hunter is a douchebag. On the 40th anniversary of the last baseball hero's death Hunter thinks its a great time to speak up about how he is a homophobe and gays arent welcome in his clubhouse. FUCK HIM. No wonder his son is/was arrested for rape, he obviously has a shitty guy as a dad.

i'm ready to give individual credit to almost every single one of these. A+ work to whoever is responsible.

i saw a piece about the braves hat a few days ago saying it was bullshit and whatnot that someone thought this was a good idea in 201(3). implications aside, i think it's a really good looking design. plus if the redskins can get away with their current logo, why is this any different?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-sox--mike-napoli-in-contract-stare-down--adam-laroche-appears-plan-b-for-boston-001128392.html

Short answer, yeah, health. The Red Sox might still want him but with some contract protection, like the last year being a vesting option instead of an automatic.

So glad that the HOF announcement was today. I dont know what it has been like on tv, but ESPN has been beating the damn thing into the ground on their mlb site. I dont care what every single writer for them thinks should and shouldnt be in the hall. I personally would have liked to seen Biggio and Piazza get elected but it is what it is and I see the case against both players. It is what it is, and its over with, until next year when ESPN does the same thing again.