NFL Discussion

Uhhhh Peterson being accused of abuse of yet another child with a different woman...

Loved that packers comeback last night

In a text to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, Peterson's lawyer Rusty Hardin wrote, "The allegations were made over a year ago to CPS and law enforcement and no action was taken. Plus there was an adult witness present in the car and she flatly denied that Adrian caused any injury to the boy."

Hardin also released a statement: "The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true. This is not a new allegation, it's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it. An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son. There is no ongoing or new investigation."

Is it wrong to want Blake Bortles to start?

I get the whole point of not throwing him in to lead a team that doesn't have their shit together but I really don't think they'll get their shit together unless he's leading them.

Do you want Blake Bortles to die? I would much rather let my future star sit and watch an old dude get sacked 15 times a game. That O-Line is a joke.

Do you want Blake Bortles to die? I would much rather let my future star sit and watch an old dude get sacked 15 times a game. That O-Line is a joke.

QBs have to learn to scramble, pocket presence, and getting the ball out quickly too.

I don't think the line is going to be a strength for a few years at least. No point in coddling now.

QBs have to learn to scramble, pocket presence, and getting the ball out quickly too.

I don't think the line is going to be a strength for a few years at least. No point in coddling now.

I agree, but I'm sure the whole Blaine Gabbert afraid of contact thing has them hesitant. Not that there is any comparison in talent.

Yeah he's 5'7". Saints must be kicking themselves for letting him go. His feet are still too quick.

Letting him go for that price is the only thing they regret I'm sure. Too many RB's in that backfield for a team that doesn't run much to start with. Cooks is their speedy slot guy now. Sproles wouldn't have much utility.

Qb coach just came out and said Chad Henne was not responsible for any of his sacks last weekend

So much for the team preaching accountability

Funny, the NFL Nation writer on ESPN for the jags broke down each sack (I read it as a skins fan) but he said at least 2 were Henne's fault. John Keim, the skins writer had a little more detail and broke them all down as well haha

What will happen to Johnathan Dwyer? Will Adrian Peterson ever play again? Have we seem the last of Greg Hardy? Will the 49'ers suspend Ray McDonald? Is Ray Rice's career over?

Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z!!

So much crap going on right now.  The NFL really needs to learn how to deal with things.

What will happen to Johnathan Dwyer? Will Adrian Peterson ever play again? Have we seem the last of Greg Hardy? Will the 49'ers suspend Ray McDonald? Is Ray Rice's career over?

Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z!!

I decided to watch the 2 hour cell fight after reading this comment, now it's almost midnight, so thanks for that lol!

Secondly I am downright embarrased to be a Vikings fan right now and it has less to do with Adrian's actions. Just pathetic to watch a team react how they have been.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2201656-adrian-peterson-suspension-shows-vikings-nfl-care-about-one-thing-cash

If the sponsors didn't start threatening to pull out then I don't think anyone would have been suspended.

This. and honestly it's bullshit. I don't see how you can suspend a player indefinitely or put him on the exempt list without due process being played out. None of these guys have been convicted of anything. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I think the Vikings owner had it right but was pressured into changing his mind.

Same goes for the Ray Rice thing. They give him 2 games, then the NFL puts out a new rule, 6 game suspension for first offense for domestic abuse. The video comes out and because of social outcry they suspend him indefinitely? What happened to the new rule you just issued a week before? I don't condone domestic abuse at all and think he's a piece of shit for what he did. But why can't any of these people stick to what they say and just accept whatever consequences come with it. I think all of the people changing their minds on all of this stuff are just spineless honestly.

This. and honestly it's bullshit. I don't see how you can suspend a player indefinitely or put him on the exempt list without due process being played out. None of these guys have been convicted of anything. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I think the Vikings owner had it right but was pressured into changing his mind.

Same goes for the Ray Rice thing. They give him 2 games, then the NFL puts out a new rule, 6 game suspension for first offense for domestic abuse. The video comes out and because of social outcry they suspend him indefinitely? What happened to the new rule you just issued a week before? I don't condone domestic abuse at all and think he's a piece of shit for what he did. But why can't any of these people stick to what they say and just accept whatever consequences come with it. I think all of the people changing their minds on all of this stuff are just spineless honestly.

Exactly. I was so mad watching the Vikings conference. Adrian deserves his day in court before being suspended or exempt or whatever.

But soon as the sponsers start threatening. Game over.

It's all about money.

wait till due process?.....haven't both of them completely admitted to what happened?  Why would you need to wait for a court to say so if we already know / have seen exactly what happened.

So if something comes out before the playoffs they should deny it immediately and then admit in the offseason?

Admitting you did something is also not the same as being convicted of a crime. Look at the Dante Stallworth case. As best as I can recall, he admitted to hitting speeding while legally drunk and hitting a pedestrian. The man also was crossing in the middle of the road and essentially walked in front of a moving car. So you are suspending him immediately for manslaughter or waiting to see if it is murder?

Also, supposedly he could have beaten the manslaughter charge and only gotten a DUI due to the circumstances. If he chose to do that, he would still be admitting that he hit the man. He chose to accept the punishment for moral reasons because he felt he deserved it.

So his final conviction could have been anything from a DUI to murder despite admitting to what happened. How would you punish him?