post your set-up thread

Yeah, it's definitely not too high. The bottom of the TV is about 3 1/2 FT from the ground (eye level on the couch) which is ideal for viewing comfortably. I've had days off where I watch a few movies in a row and it's definitely not uncomfortable to watch even for extended periods of time.

Also Tardy I feel you on the clutter below the TV, my plan is to eventually get a legit piece of furniture to house the components and center channel and move the expedit to the other side of the room. For now though, it works.

Also, more pop art cat pics incoming

Yeah, it's definitely not too high. The bottom of the TV is about 3 1/2 FT from the ground (eye level on the couch) which is ideal for viewing comfortably. I've had days off where I watch a few movies in a row and it's definitely not uncomfortable to watch even for extended periods of time.

Also Tardy I feel you on the clutter below the TV, my plan is to eventually get a legit piece of furniture to house the components and center channel and move the expedit to the other side of the room. For now though, it works.

Also, more pop art cat pics incoming

Ah, that's good. As long as it's comfortable, and level. I just like being low to the ground, slouched / sinking into my couch as I watch movies. So I tend to get a fairly low tv stand, maybe at 12-18"s with a 55" tv.

Thanks! The cruise control let's you dial the speed in exactly and is much more stable. Improves it more than one would think.

Ah, ok, dialing the exact speed is always a good thing with records. I can definitely see that being an improvement over the built in motor controls. How much did the table end up running you from VN, if I may ask? I've always loved the look of that table, but it;s out of my current price range I bet.

Ah, ok, dialing the exact speed is always a good thing with records. I can definitely see that being an improvement over the built in motor controls. How much did the table end up running you from VN, if I may ask? I've always loved the look of that table, but it;s out of my current price range I bet.

With the 2M Bronze, the Bren weight and the upgraded counterweight it was just shy of $2K. Not cheap, but you could do a lot worse for the money. I'm really happy.

That Thorens TD 160 is my dream table. Looks fantastic, and speakers to match. Also, that ceiling is gorgeous.

Thanks. This room and setup are like a dream come true. It's so nice to have a completely separate place to listen and enjoy. 

Excuse me while I cry.

You're excused.

With the 2M Bronze, the Bren weight and the upgraded counterweight it was just shy of $2K. Not cheap, but you could do a lot worse for the money. I'm really happy.

That's not bad at all. Out of my current budget, but I will get there one day.

So giving my speakers more space will result in better audio output?

it will fix a number of potential problems.

1)  Those speakers are rear-ported.  That usually means that you will get better bass performance if there is space between the rear of the speaker and any surface behind them (generally ~1 foot or more is ideal). 

2)  You have a thing that turns vibrations into a sound signal (turntable) basically sitting on top of a thing that takes that sound signal and turns it into vibrations (speakers).  Moving the speakers onto stands, it will ensure that they aren't interfering with the turntable.

bonus issue:  not sure how happy the sprout is going to be wedged between books long term.  It might overheat.