post your set-up thread

The 1062 definitely isn't as big of a heavy hitter as the Parasound combo for sure. 60wpc vs 125wpc is definitely noticeable. The Rotel does have a quiet phono pre, but not as good as the Parasound.

New integrated will be convenience, but I'm not trying to go low end on it. I liked the Rotel RA-1570. It has almost 10 years on my 1062. True test will be getting it home. I've never been blown away by the DAC Magic, so I'm hopeful the Wolfson is better DAC too.

The new townhouse, as seen, is all brick. We are doing what we can to fill it and deaden some of the acoustics. For fun, I hooked up the Rotel and Def Tech 350s in the room empty. It was so bad. Now with stand, couch, coffee table, it's tightening up a good bit. Let's hope the rug sets it perfectly.

I've got a JVC QL-Y55F. It's my first big boy turntable.

Nice! I have its  big brother, the Y66F. Never thought I would want/need a fully auto table, but its just so convenient. Been searching high and low for the s-arm and the additional subweight, but lord knows I will never find one. My OC-9mk2 is just a tad too heavy, but it still works. My next table will either be a Yamaha GT-750 or get lost in Micro Seiki's offerings such as the DDX-1000. I just cant stay away from late 70's-mid 80's JDM tables!

Running:

Pro-ject Debut Carbon

ART DJPre II Phono Pre-Amp

Avid MBox 2

2 Yamaha HS50M Monitors

All linked to my mac and ran through garageband. Sounds absolutely great and always a clean paly so long as the records been washed. I'd like to cancel out using my monitors and switch off to more of a less-flat sound that those monitors give off. It'd also be nice to eliminate the Mac/Mbox out of the equation. I'd have to ditch the monitors for that. If anyone has any speaker suggestions, I'm open to new ideas.

It'd also be nice to eliminate the Mac/Mbox out of the equation. I'd have to ditch the monitors for that. 

Why? You can run the phono pre straight into the yamahas. Sure, for convenience you'd need to add an input selector, but it's still infinitely better than running an analog source first through AD and then DA conversion.

I've been lurking so long on this forum might as well throw my system up here...

Music Hall mmf 7.1 w/ Ortofon Mojo cart

Rotel RA-1070 integrated

Denon DVD1940 CL

GR Research A/V-3 DIY tower speakers

2x Pinnacle SubCompact 8 subs

DIY vacuum RCM.

No immediate plans for upgrades since I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting from this setup. I'm using the Rotel's phono stage which is just as good as the Cambridge 640p I used to have; but I'm considering maybe getting a Parks Audio Budgie phono preamp just to see what adding tubes would do. I'm also dreaming of building one of GR Research's subs but they're pretty expensive, and the little 8" subs I have now are kind of amazing so it's not much of a priority.

20151123_214840656_iOS.jpg

DSC_2746.JPG

Nice setup. On the Rotel phono stage, I have a Rotel 975 and just got a Lounge LCR III phono preamp out of curiosity to see if it was any improvement. I was amazed by how much better the Lounge sounds, since you are using a MM cart it might be a great upgrade for not too much money.

Interesting. I've heard of the Lounge but then I don't think I ever found their site for some reason... how did you buy it?

Interesting. I've heard of the Lounge but then I don't think I ever found their site for some reason... how did you buy it?

Bought it directly from them, they don;t go thru dealers. The owner/designer is a great guy who is happy to answer any questions you have, and I think they have a 15 day return policy if you don't like it. Check it out:

www.loungeaudio.com

Ok I re-did my setup a bit.  Still a bit messy but it takes so much time to sort out!

A friend took pics, and I like them!  Have a look:

23921215214_3524051c32_c.jpg

Wow. What happened to your Omegas? I'm still really intrigued by the whole single driver thing... I guess you found something you liked better.

Bought it directly from them, they don;t go thru dealers. The owner/designer is a great guy who is happy to answer any questions you have, and I think they have a 15 day return policy if you don't like it. Check it out:

www.loungeaudio.com

Cool, I will. Weird that their site never came up in my searches, they need some SEO badly...