post your set-up thread

New here, and really new to vinyl. I'm a movie buff mainly, but decided to try out vinyl. I've built my first rig into my smaller Man Cave 5.1 surround system. (The big stuff is in the Living room.)

Humble newb rig:

IMG_0957_zps8vp4iwvt.jpg

Spinnin' the new Chvrches album I picked up at a recent concert that I took my Nephew to:

Man%20cave%20-%20the%20table_zpsj8w6o2yt

Better view of the set-up. Spinnin' The Killers - Battle Born - 45speed 2LP limited edition:

Spinin%20-%20The%20Killers_zpsdm2y4wg7.j

1. Current details:

Music Hall mmf-2.2 Turntable with MH Tracker cartridge

Music Hall acrylic platter

Cambridge 551p pre-amp

Pro-Ject speed box

Rek-O-Kut disk stabilizer 

SpinClean for the housekeeping 

2. That feeds to a new Sony 7.2 Receiver

3. Which powers some Klipsch Icon KB-15 bookshelf speakers

...I know the rig is only as good as the weakest link. My guess is that it's the Sony receiver and Klipsch speakers. I would love some suggestions. I'm eye-balling some Rosewood Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers.

Cheers!  B)

Price range?

Well...it will have to wait until January. (Holidays and all.)

I was thinking $300 bucks for a Tube Pre-Amp or spend it on speakers...like the Wharfedale Diamonds or similar. I'm leaning more towards speakers, because the Tube Pre-amps seem limited and iffy at that price point. 

...and I'm always dropping cash on new and used records. My collection is...tiny.  :huh:

1. Current details:

Music Hall mmf-2.2 Turntable with MH Tracker cartridge

Music Hall acrylic platter

Cambridge 551p pre-amp

Pro-Ject speed box

Rek-O-Kut disk stabilizer 

SpinClean for the housekeeping 

2. That feeds to a new Sony 7.2 Receiver

3. Which powers some Klipsch Icon KB-15 bookshelf speakers

...I know the rig is only as good as the weakest link. My guess is that it's the Sony receiver and Klipsch speakers. I would love some suggestions. I'm eye-balling some Rosewood Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers.

Cheers!  B)

What are those speaker stands you are using? I've been looking for some to use for my bookshelf speakers and like the look of those.

Updated set-up, new floor standing speakers. These are my sexy new Monitor Audio Bronze 5's to replace my Polk Audio RTiA bookshelves. I did a lot of research into what to get in my price range and these were hard to go past, very good online reviews. I demoed a few other brands, but these came out on top for great sound and looks.

10hvwxw.jpg

2585ilc.jpg
3586ipz.jpg

My place is an absolute mess right now, but here's my set-up at the moment - fair warning, if you're among the audiophile set, you'lll probably be weeping after I'm done.

1959331_10204276965158975_35466210509838
TT is a Sony PSLX-300,which I currently have going straight via RCA cable into some shitty RCA 200watt 5.1 surround sound thing that I got at Best Buy for like $80. Embarrassing when stacked up against what a lot of y'all have here, but it sounds fine, and I have a smaller apartment with close neighbors anyway, so I can't ever really crank it.

I think I want to drop some money this year on a pair of the AudioEngine 5+ or something similar...no real interest (and certainly no ability) to put more than that into my system, but I do want better speakers. Recommendations are sure welcome.

1929960_10204276965238977_66066233131037

12359827_10204276965318979_7423697060968
Shelves are 2x2 cube shelves from Walmart...Better Homes & Gardens something or other. After Christmas, I want to ditch the shitty table the TV & PS4 are shelved on, get a 2x4 cube shelf to use instead, and make this whole area look a little prettier.

I sold most all of my extra gear (save the two sets of speakers I'm still trying to sell) and all of my nicer main setup stuff because I'm going back to school for a semester or two starting in January and was raising funds for that. 

I traded an amp I wasn't using for the Sony.   I'm not really one for automatics, and it isn't a 1200, but I'm pretty happy with this Sony for now. 

I sold most all of my extra gear (save the two sets of speakers I'm still trying to sell) and all of my nicer main setup stuff because I'm going back to school for a semester or two starting in January and was raising funds for that. 

I traded an amp I wasn't using for the Sony.   I'm not really one for automatics, and it isn't a 1200, but I'm pretty happy with this Sony for now. 

Ah, makes sense. Yeah, not really for autos either but I'm kinda digging the auto lifter on my HK table. At least your happy with the Sony, and that's all that counts.