NHL Discussion

I subscribed to the hockey news at pretty much the worst time, but there was a pretty cool article about which player each team hates the most in the latest issue. I didnt realize some of the loathing around the league. Mostly based on who injured your star player or who left you via free agency.

Devils' most hated was Scott Gomez (but they made a pretty funny/accurate point that he's probably Montreal's right now too if not for Chara). Hard not to say Sean Avery, but Gomez gets the crown in my book too.

here's the full list:

Anaheim - Dustin Brown

Boston - Matte Cooke

Buffalo - Milan Lucic

Calgary - Maxim Lapierre

Carolina - Brooks Orpik

Chicago - Raffi Torres

Colorado - Ryan Kesler

Columbus - Jeff Carter

Dallas - Corey Perry

Detroit - Shea Weber

Edmonton - Kevin Bieksa

Florida - Nathan Horton

Los Angeles - Shane Doan

Minnesota - Alex Burrows

Montreal - Zdeno Chara

Nashville - Ryan Suter

New Jersey - Scott Gomez

NY Islanders - Henrik Lundqvist

NY Rangers - Martin Brodeur

Ottawa - Dany Heatley

Philadelphia - Sidney Crosby

Phoenix - Dustin Brown

St. Louis - Joe Thornton

San Jose - Corey Perry

Pittsburgh - Alex Ovechkin

Tampa Bay - Matte Cooke

Toronto - Daniel Alfredsson

Vancouver - Brad Marchand

Washington - Sidney Crosby

Winnipeg - Alex Ovechkin

You agree with your team's pick?

have to assume its because he dominates them yea?

I believe it stems from a hug on teemu selanne two years ago at the last game of the season. It caused a huge fight and I've never seem selanne so angered. That and the obvious rivalry. I believe that is what natealcatraz has a picture of

I've got no beef with jeff carter. it didn't work out and he really wasn't what we needed. he ended up winning a cup, so that's pretty awesome

I'm pretty sure I hate our GM more than any player out there, but if I had to pick...everyone that plays for Nashville can suck a dick, especially sergei kostitsyn

Absolutely agree with the pick for NYR being Broduer. The dude hates the Rangers and Ill never understand why he has to go out of his way at any cost to talk shit on them. You cant even say its because of Avery because he was doing it before he joined the squad and after he was gone. Marty is just a fat over rated dickhead. Give Roy the amount of seasons and defense Marty played with most of his time with a trap system, his records would be untouchable. Sorry for the rant, I just hate that scumbag.