NHL Discussion

I'm actually shocked how bad Voynov has been. Last playoffs he was a devastating force, he has been caught so many times getting drawn into his partners corner and just tossing giveaways. Still a solid D man, but I honestly think his play specifically has been why the Kings have given up so many goals. 

Carter with the kids is a dream come true for LA. Carter is backchecking like crazy, getting great PK and PP minutes and dropped any lazy play he had in his game. He has been excellent. 

If LA wins does Doughty get the MVP? I imagine so, even if Gaborik beats Gretzky's team goal record. My money was either Doughty or Kopitar. NYR wins I can't see anyone but Hank getting it. 

Yeah, that voynov Mitchell pairing has been terrible. Voynov plays better with Regehr, the thing about last year is he was paired with Scuderi.

Carter's been great, then again he has been since we got him. But he's stepped up his d game big time.

Right now I think Doughty has the slight edge but if Kopitar gets going again, which I think he will since him and Toews cancelled each other out for the most part, I think it will be Kopis.

Everyone is doubting the Rangers. Just like everyone did the first 3 rounds (up until price has been injured). I think you guys are forgetting the tons of turnovers the Kings gave up the last series. The Rangers speed is going to exploit that no doubt. Also, how many times have the scored on the PP? A ton. The rangers have the second best PK. Not to mention they beat the kings before! And the kings went to 3 game 7's, so they without a doubt are beatable. The teams you played may have had a better offense, but they sure has fuck didn't have a better defense than the Rangers, which is one of the most underrated in the league right now. So please, keep doubting. Because if the Rangers win it'll make it that much sweeter. I'm not by any means saying the rangers are the better team an will win, but writing them off and just giving the kings the victory is just foolish.

Everyone is doubting the Rangers. Just like everyone did the first 3 rounds (up until price has been injured). I think you guys are forgetting the tons of turnovers the Kings gave up the last series. The Rangers speed is going to exploit that no doubt. Also, how many times have the scored on the PP? A ton. The rangers have the second best PK. Not to mention they beat the kings before! And the kings went to 3 game 7's, so they without a doubt are beatable. The teams you played may have had a better offense, but they sure has fuck didn't have a better defense than the Rangers, which is one of the most underrated in the league right now. So please, keep doubting. Because if the Rangers win it'll make it that much sweeter. I'm not by any means saying the rangers are the better team an will win, but writing them off and just giving the kings the victory is just foolish.

I keep hearing the same thing. The Rangers speed should work in our advantage as well as having played three tough series to get here. The Kings are the better team but crazier things have happened

Maple Leafs would trade Dion Phaneuf, Nazem Kadri and their first-round pick – eighth overall – to Florida for veteran Ed Jovanovski and the No. 1 overall selection.

this is the rumour floating around currently. florida gives a salary dump and the 1st overall for a top defender, a top 6 forward, and a first round pick swap.

I would loveee to see that happen just to see the post-trade interviews with Nazem kadri. Fuck, that shit would be pure gold.

But I don't want Ekblad's promising career to be ruined by that shit hole ass pile of garbage organization. You know they would 100% slip him into Phaneuf's slot and be like, "why aren't we winning he was supposed to be good?!?!"

I would loveee to see that happen just to see the post-trade interviews with Nazem kadri. Fuck, that shit would be pure gold.

But I don't want Ekblad's promising career to be ruined by that shit hole ass pile of garbage organization. You know they would 100% slip him into Phaneuf's slot and be like, "why aren't we winning he was supposed to be good?!?!"

oh yeah, living in toronto its hilarious to hear everyone's excuses for this team. This is the exact type of trade I was talking about a few pages ago for Florida, and I would be happy to do it.

at #8 Florida still gets a solid prospect, Kadri can immediately slot in on the top 2 lines and offer a scoring threat, and Phaneuf can anchor our second PP unit and be on the second pairing, taking the pressure of playing in Toronto and being captain off of him. An added bonus is getting that Eddie Jo contract out from under us without using a buyout on him, which would suck because he was the first player the Panthers ever drafted.

Also, by the by. It is Final not Finals, that bugs me to no end.

BpOWXmOIAAA9UfN.jpg

it's been known as both but the nhl officially changed it to final in 2006.  i feel like you could call it finals when referring to the games.  i call it the finals since it's a series of games.  finals, games, both plural.  you could call it the final as in the final series, both singular.

i don't feel like anyone's wrong.  if you want to refer to the official term "stanley cup final", like the kings and the rangers are in the stanley cup final, then i'd use the official term.  any other casual usage and it doesn't bother me.

sucks that matt can't go.  if my team were in the final* for the first time in 20 yrs, i'd be ok to dig myself into a $1K hole just to witness it once.  i spent $1850 on 3 tix for us to game 5 and that's gonna make things a little tight.  i'll probably have to scrimp on the groceries for the next month or 2.

sucks that matt can't go.  if my team were in the final* for the first time in 20 yrs, i'd be ok to dig myself into a $1K hole just to witness it once.  i spent $1850 on 3 tix for us to game 5 and that's gonna make things a little tight.  i'll probably have to scrimp on the groceries for the next month or 2.

Id dig myself into the hole if I could but its impossible haha I legit cant get a loan, a credit card, nothing. 

I hate making predictions on the Rangers in big situations. But Rangers in 7. We have THE REAL Mr. Game 7 in Brad Richards who is 7-0 in game 7's. Why they call Justin Williams that is mind boggling. He's not. Brad is. Not to mention we have a goaltender that plays incredible in them as well. 

You don't know why Justin Williams is called Mr Game 7?

7-0

7 goals, 7 assists.

14 points, which is a NHL record.

What are Brad Richards stats?